Sign in to follow this  

Supercross JGR/ Joe Gibbs Racing

Will/Can/Should --Joe Gibbs Racing buy Stewart out of his contract?

RacerX did an article recently on how badly they want to win a Championship, so they sought after the one ingredient they thought they were missing, a top level rider. They signed Stewart with the intent on winning a Championship, but it certainly doesn't look like his going to get it done in SX this year, at least by early results leading up to now anyhow. We don't know, and will never know, how the contract is written, but I'm sure they paid dearly for the services of Stewart.

So do you think they will keep Stewart, and hope that he can find what he needs to be competitive Outdoors?

I think we are seeing an extremely gifted racer re-adjusting to the best in the world. James hasn't raced a full season in a while and it will take some time. Needs to keeps his head on straight and plug away. I say keep him and see where it takes them. Go Dungey.

Ok..I'm bored..I'll bite.

By this measure KTM will be letting Dungey go as well?

Joe Gibbs Racing...Is Coy-I-have-a-rich-papa-who-used-to-be-famous-Gibbs, but I failed at Nascar as a driver and a team owner, so now I thought I could borrow papa's shop, tools, engineer, freakin' wind-tunnel if it served any purpose, to buy a name for myself.

Pfft....Perfect fit the team that can't win despite having more R&D, fabrication and in-house race engineering than most "factory" teams, paired with a rider who is all hype and no backbone.

No they keep each other relevant JGR has never been in the news so-much..except when they employed that other little snot, Kyle Busch.

SMH..There are so many problems over there at JGR. Everyone including James thought they were going to walk into the season and start dominating let alone win more than one race. James wanted Dunlops, they said no keep the pirellis. The Jri shock I don't know much about other than the fact it's not a factory showa or kyb unit.

As far as keeping Stewart, I would, but does James want to stay? That team is unprepared and it seems like they don't have a clue on how to win a championship. The bike seems unbalanced so who do you blame Yamaha?, JGR, Stewart?? They don't know who to point the finger to but the results are not coming in.

The problem i think it is is that they don't Listen to James or hear wha he's saying. Everyone has their own interest from the owners, sponsors and Stewart. Everyone wants to take the most credit for wins but on the other hand blame the other for crashes and poor finishes. The bike seems like its made for JGR and not James.

Do right by James and give him what he wants and you will see more wins. If he doesn't want Pirellis dammit put him on the Dunlops he requested earlier in the year. The Jri shock I've heard is good but until then, put a fatory KYB or Showa shock on the thing. Let Davi do all the testing in race scenarios not James.

If I were James I'd look to leave that team and get under the factory Yamaha tent!! Keth McCarty should seriously look into making some changes and the Board members at Yamaha. Because this is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to think that James is not happy and isn't going to push it because he is not feeling comfortable on the bike. Forget NASCAR. You don't need Joe Gibbs to start a nascar career.

James is the best rider out there. He needs to be on a bike he likes..perod!!

• Like 1

Prediction: Stewarts cartwheeling bike will take out Dungy and Villipoto for the remainder of the season therefore handing the title over to JS.

As far as keeping Stewart, I would, but does James want to stay? That team is unprepared and it seems like they don't have a clue on how to win a championship. The bike seems unbalanced so who do you blame Yamaha?, JGR, Stewart?? They don't know who to point the finger to but the results are not coming in.

How can you say they have no clue how to win a championship? James former mechanic J-bone from Kawasaki knows what it takes to win a championship! Look i'm no JS fanboy but agree with ccman above. Maybe his fitness isn't up to par, Poto has Aldon and look at his results. As we all saw last weekend too early in season anything can happen.

I think we are seeing an extremely gifted racer re-adjusting to the best in the world. James hasn't raced a full season in a while and it will take some time. Needs to keeps his head on straight and plug away. I say keep him and see where it takes them. Go Dungey.

It seems that James, the team and the bike are not as dialed in a RV or even CR. Aside from his normal crashing, which we expect, I just don't see the aggression. Is he not comfortable. Is he not confident? What the heck is up with those starts? James has always been a great starter. He's always had the balls to just charge off the line and even go hot into the first turn. But not this year. What's up with that?

By this measure KTM will be letting Dungey go as well?

To take your point a bit further.... Don't forget about Canard. He's been stealing money the past two years. He hasn't done squat. 5 guys this year, we think, had a real "chance" at the title. One will win, the other 4 need to hit the unemployment line.

No... nobody is going to get fired or their contract cancelled.

SMH..There are so many problems over there at JGR. Everyone including James thought they were going to walk into the season and start dominating let alone win more than one race. James wanted Dunlops, they said no keep the pirellis. The Jri shock I don't know much about other than the fact it's not a factory showa or kyb unit.

The problem i think it is is that they don't Listen to James or hear wha he's saying. Everyone has their own interest from the owners, sponsors and Stewart. Everyone wants to take the most credit for wins but on the other hand blame the other for crashes and poor finishes. The bike seems like its made for JGR and not James.

Is there any real truth to this? At this point, James should know what he needs. They should be giving it to him.

Prediction: Stewarts cartwheeling bike will take out Dungy and Villipoto for the remainder of the season therefore handing the title over to JS.

Its a good strategy. Where's Larry Brooks when you need him? If he's going to target Villopoto, he'd better do it right out of the gate after the start. Its the only time he'll be anywhere close to him. However, he can take out Dungey almost anytime when the two of them are mid pack with the pathetic starts they've been getting.

I think JS is just not in it to win it any longer.... Burned out.

:bonk: you can't be serious.

Oh yeah, he's serious alright. It's not bad that these guys see James in this manner but I so wish he would switch bike brands, team, mechanic, boots, hair style, underwear, move out of Florida and whatever else he needs to do to stop all of these silly excuses for his short comings out on the track. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a fan base that will come up with crazy things about a racer that is not living up to all of the hype he has promoted about himself????

• Like 4

Look how RV races, rides, trains and behaves...this is what JGR and every team wants...a skilled, and reliable representative for their brand representing their team and sponsors. Look at what JGR got...funny.

Then look at KDubb on Geico Honda...guy never wins anymore but is a great rider, universally respected and promotes the brand. That team loves him because he brings something to the table. JS only ever brought great racing ability which is of course a big part of it but not nearly enough at that level...

Look how RV races, rides, trains and behaves...this is what JGR and every team wants...a skilled, and reliable representative for their brand representing their team and sponsors. Look at what JGR got...funny.

Then look at KDubb on Geico Honda...guy never wins anymore but is a great rider, universally respected and promotes the brand. That team loves him because he brings something to the table. JS only ever brought great racing ability which is of course a big part of it but not nearly enough at that level...

Things were not always that way for KW. He had to hit rock bottom in order for him to realize that he had it pretty good racing motocross and came out of it with a new outlook and has rebuilt his fan base. Maybe James is near rock bottom

If always the richest team with the best technical possibilitys would win we didn´t have to hold races.

It would be ok if they show their bank accounts at the beginning of the season and the trophys could be handed out

Oh yeah, he's serious alright. It's not bad that these guys see James in this manner but I so wish he would switch bike brands, team, mechanic, boots, hair style, underwear, move out of Florida and whatever else he needs to do to stop all of these silly excuses for his short comings out on the track. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a fan base that will come up with crazy things about a racer that is not living up to all of the hype he has promoted about himself????

Well I think you are missing the obvious. That is not James Stawart but an imposter. That will be the new rumor.

And since Joe Gibbs use to be a "football" guy let me make a quick comparison. JGR hiring JS7 has become a lot like San Diego hiring Ryan Leaf! :lol:

And no.... I never thought I would compare the two but lately..... Call a spade a spade. :bonk:

• Like 1

Look how RV races, rides, trains and behaves...this is what JGR and every team wants...a skilled, and reliable representative for their brand representing their team and sponsors. Look at what JGR got...funny. Then look at KDubb on Geico Honda...guy never wins anymore but is a great rider, universally respected and promotes the brand. That team loves him because he brings something to the table. JS only ever brought great racing ability which is of course a big part of it but not nearly enough at that level...

what JGR got was the biggest name in the sport who happens to be 4th in points. Not bad considering the 40 guys who start the qualifying rounds. Doesn't Stewart show up with a lot of his own sponsors and his own money?

. I don't think there are many that will argue that Stewart is not a top 15 guy...

I say he's top 4, soon to be top 3. Wait... the standings say that, not me...

Edited by mauricedorris

Why would they ever buy him out of the contract? They would lose money... Why would they pay a guy not to race, when they could just pay him to race and have all of their sponsers represented on the track and get TV coverage. If they got rid of Stewart, who are they going to bring in that would be any better? Anyone that is a top 15 guy already has a contract elsewhere. I don't think there are many that will argue that Stewart is not a top 15 guy...

Regardless, they are a business and they are still making money off Stewart even when he is not winning. He still gets more TV coverage than any other rider, and looking at these forums he is talked about more than any other rider.