Sign in to follow this  

05 yz125 clutch arm problems

Ok so my girlfriend has a 05 yz125. Last sure she was riding and said the clutch stopped working so I pulled the ignition cover off and noticed the clutch pull arm was pushed out to where it wouldnt work the clutch. I though it was just a random thing so I put it back together. Well it work for a couple rides and did it again, so I pull the whole clutch apart and everything looked fine but the arm in the pull arm was a little bent so I thought maybe that was it. Well I straightened it and put it back together, few rides later same problem. This time when I pulled it apart the push rod was broken. I replace the rod and put a new arm in it and it lasted a good bit longer but now it did it again. I have the motor puller out on the bench now. The rod is not broke this time but I did notice the clutch basket has some side to side play and the bearing the pull arm rides in has some play so I am going to replace number 24, 25, 12, 13 on the clutch diagram

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/YAMAHA/2005/YZ125/CLUTCH

Is there anything else I should replace or check? I dont really want to pull it apart anymore. Thanks for any help.

quite a few threads on this already...however my 05 did the same thing and I did the same things as you, replaced rod, the actuator etc....it was not till I replaced the basket and pressure plate that I stopped having problems...also replaced the inner hub as it is only 40ish....later I upgraded to the newer barrnet basket....still no problems after about 60 hours and a 144 kit...

Ok I will give that a try if this doesn't fix it. I have an 06 and have never had this problem and I have probabaly close to 300 hours on it. I search a bunch of the threads about this but everyone seemed to have different guesses to why this was happening but not real solotion. Thanks foryour tip ill try it.

I here ya, I even went so far as to email and ask MXA about this problem, as they seem so knowledable about the YZ's, said they never hear of it happening....yet almost every forum has numerous threads about the problem....

anyway good luck!