Sign in to follow this  

megabomb header

i had a full FMF 4.1 exhaust system with megabomb header, and the silencer had some problems so i had to end up tossing it, but the header itself was in good condition and i was wondering if i could mount the megabomb header up to my stock silencer, or do you think it might have some problems? or need to be rejetted? thanks in advance guys

You should let us know what kind of bike you have so we can accurately answer your question. I think most FMF pipes can be used with the stock header so it only makes sense that the stock pipe would work with the aftermarket header, but I am not 100% sure. You would most likely need jetting changes though if you made changes when adding the exhaust.

it will probably work. Would only take 10 minutes to mount the stock pipe to see.

I did this exact thing with my 07 rmz 450. I like it better than the full system actually. little exhaust leakage but nothing major or enough to affect. and you can have the can rebuilt for a small charge of $200. I did at one point. not sure if its the same now. looks like new when you get it back too.

and you can have the can rebuilt for a small charge of $200.

Small charge of $200? That is like 70% of what a new one costs which seems outrageous.

What exactly do they rebuild?

Edited by woods-rider

well it seemed worth it to me. I bought a bike with the exhaust can with a big hole in it and the bracket falling off. if the can is all mangled, theyll reshape it, re pack it, clean it, make it new again. give them a call and ask about it. they were friendly when i talked to them about it and very helpful. but better than buying a new slip on and paying that extra 30%.

actually for mine i think they put a new can on it and reused/cleaned everything else.