Sign in to follow this  

KYB internals

Can anybody please tell me of any suppliers for seals of these rear shocks , I have a 1986 Klr600 B2 and have stripped the rear shock but can find no-one in the uk to help with seals , have tried the internet , been directed to the KYB manufacturers abroad and recieved an email saying they have no information on this shock ?.

Stuck now as internet keeps directing me back to same sites, From reading info on rebuild sites people abroad have got these items but where from ?.

Thanks

micky

You tried k tech? They normally cross reference using the size

Hi mog

Thanks for the quick reply , Spoke to K-Tech , they said do not need to replace the seal head just seals , but forgot to ask which seals , Dohhh , as I have it stripped but all I can see are two o-rings , Do you know if I have to strip the seal head and the piston end to their basic bits ? and if so are there more seals in between ?. Sorry to be a pain in the a **

micky

On the early kyb they r normally a steel sealhead with a bevelled edge, u will need to pull the rubber bump stopper from the seal head then use a small punch and open the end up, then u can access the oil seal and bush. U can then measure and order the parts. I just done an 89 rm250 the only part I couldn't get was the dust seal the oil seal and bush was the same as a yz85. Hope this helps