Sign in to follow this  

Dual Caliper Bracket! finally! :)

Its a thing for stunt riders. It puts another caliper on the rear rotor that you run a handbrake master cylinder to. so you have 2 levers at your left handlebar, a shortened clutch lever and a rear brake. So if your doing a wheelie slow enough that you need to use the rear brake and clutch at the same time you can when your not in a sit down position. or you need the clutch/handbrake to stall out of circles or balancing any seat stander wheelie or anything like that.

But 335 for a bracket and caliper is rediculous. Ill stick to my stock bracket and caliper thats welded to my original caliper. 30 bucks off ebay....my hohey dual caliper bracket for the streetbike is only 200 dollars which is way overpriced for what it is

WHY!!!!!! That's pointless.... who needs it???

Its not for linking another caliper to the rear brakes... its for running 2 different rear brake systems on the bike. and i need it for stuntriding :bonk: for just normal riding its pointless to run a handbrake setup but i know a guy with only one leg and he rides streetbikes using a handbrake for his rear brake.

Couldnt you just split the single rear brake line into a Y and run two levers up front? It would be simpler, and much less than paying $335 for a $20 piece of milled metal.

Couldnt you just split the single rear brake line into a Y and run two levers up front? It would be simpler, and much less than paying $335 for a $20 piece of milled metal.

I don't believe that would work. The pressure of grabbing only one brake would backfeed into the other reservoir rather than putting pressure on the pads, and the only way to stop that is to run check valves and those would prevent the brakes from releasing once compressed. All in all wont work that way.

I don't believe that would work. The pressure of grabbing only one brake would backfeed into the other reservoir rather than putting pressure on the pads, and the only way to stop that is to run check valves and those would prevent the brakes from releasing once compressed. All in all wont work that way.

you can do it with a fitting that you tap into the rear master cylinder with. Some people run handbrakes like this. But i have never seen one that works properly. you always have to grab the brake once before you have the full pressure before you clutch it up. and also then you cant use both brakes at the same time if needed. I personally always run a seperate handbrake setup instead of using a junction valve and linking it to the rear master. Its safer running a seperate system but its do able.

looks like somebody finally made sliders for the S model!

nice,,,think I want to get the matching front and rear sliders and the rear pegs

looks like nice stuff at a decent price