Sign in to follow this  

250 exc converted to a 300

I found a good deal on a 2004 250exc, and the guy put a 300 big bore kit on it. Does this essentially make it just like a factory 300? Are there any other things that should be considered? Also, would there be a noticible differencee between this bke and a stock 2007 300xcw? (besides suspension of course)

It should feel close to the 2007 300 with big head. They run very very strong, The 250 ignition may be a tad diffferent but not a huge changer of feel as they are both the mild versions, as 250SX ign box on a 300 makes for a mad rush of power.

It should feel close to the 2007 300 with big head. They run very very strong, The 250 ignition may be a tad diffferent but not a huge changer of feel as they are both the mild versions, as 250SX ign box on a 300 makes for a mad rush of power.

Thanks, so everything off of my 2007 250 will bolt up to this bike? I want to keep my suspension, fuel tank, wheels, etc. Also, can anyone tell me if the crank, transmission and everything else is the same from a 250 exc to a 300 exc? I would just be afraid that the added "beef" from a 300 cc big bore kit would put too much strain on a rod, crank, and tranny designed for a 250. Are there any other concerns that should be addressed? How much modding will be needed for the carb? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to know everything before I pull the trigger on this deal.