Sign in to follow this  

Clutch time any recommendations?

Well its time for me to replace my clutch. Any recommendations on what manufacturer/model to use? Budget friendly of course:) I was going to just go oem replacement route, but i was checking first if there is anything that may be better or more beneficial but remain in the same price range?

You might want to check out your clutch basket when changing your plates. Make sure it doesn't have any wear marks/grooves in it, if it does your clutch will have a catching feeling to it. I had bought a barnett basket with my new oem clutch plates on an 05 rmz250 and loved it. The stainless steel inserts in the basket make for a smooth clutch.

Good luck!

http://www.barnettcl...rod_make=Suzuki

Ill look into it i just doubt ill be spending that much for replacement. I barely have enough for the plates/springs :bonk:

i dont really know what to say, i've used EBC, OEM even TUSK and cant complain much about any of them. not much of a clutch abuser though so cant give you the greatest info...

Im not heavy clutch a buser but i swap mine out every series so basically after about 20 hours, a habbit ive done since my rm 125 days with those plates always breaking!.Nothing beats a nice smooth new clutch. I keep piles of usable spares

Yeah im not an abuser either. I was thinking since im just a light user i feel like the tusk would be fine i mean $60 bucks with springs even if it goes bad sooner than a nicer brand i could replace 2 of them before spending the amount on a ebc oem etc.

Yeah im not an abuser either. I was thinking since im just a light user i feel like the tusk would be fine i mean $60 bucks with springs even if it goes bad sooner than a nicer brand i could replace 2 of them before spending the amount on a ebc oem etc.

yes, i have run the tusks without any complaints, if your not to bad on the clutch than i think it is the right way to go...