Sign in to follow this  

Weird clicking noise

My Honda is practially new 200 miles, only just got it and it seems to run fine apart from this weird sound, dont know what it is but it sounds like a thin piece of metal like a feeler guage or someting being flicked very quickly ONLY when i use the throttle, its a very quick clicking sound, but only happens when using throttle, any ideas?

The 450x engines are noisy, but at a guess, if your openoing/closing the throttle quickly, it's probably the slide your hearing.

If you have a stethoscope, you can pin down where the noise is coming from. You can pick up a cheap one at something like Harbor Freight Tools.

Jim

• Like 1

If it is accompanied by a slight ' whistle' sound, that's the slide plate.

There is a gasket-seal that needs replacing every season on that plate. It keeps the proper vacuum applied to the plate, to create a seal for the slide.

If you find you can get the noise to occur at specific throttle openings, especially small or partial, it's the plate banging around.

Hi Krannie, was looking for this gasket on OEM charts but could not find it, can i make this gasket my self or is it something we buy aftermarket?

Appreciate the hep