Good hare scramble bike

Hey, so far I have had an absolute Sht bike, and i'm really sick of it. I'm parting it out cuz it just broke and broke and broke. Now i wan't something more reliable that i can race harescrambles with. I'm really liking kdx 200/220 or modded 250's. the only four stroke i will ever own would be a tame one because theyre much more reliable. however i don't think i'm gonna be winning any hare scrambles anytime soon with a klx or a ttr or a drz. so opinions? are those tame four strokes faster than i think? To sum it up, i wan't a fast reliable bike. thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Actually, if you can deal with the weight of the DRZ400e then if you've got the skills you could easily win harescrambles on that bike. It does need a little work getting it to really run, nothing extreme but a full Yosh exhaust and proper jetting/carb tuning and those things will run. They are crazy reliable, their drawback is the weight which is significant (300lbs) but again if you're strong and fit you could handle it.

That said, the KDX 200/220 is an awesome bike, just a little low on power for my taste...

my budjet is complicated, no set price, i want a newer bike so i am guessing around the 2000 dollar range? i found a kx 100 that would be perfect, they want 1k and it says brand new top and bottom end, about 10 hrs. I'ts in immaculate cond. My favorite thing about the 100's is that i can touch the ground easily lol, on 250's i can barely touch my toes on the ground.

I'm the same size as you and love my KDX 200. When you get into the woods, it has good power and if you want more, just throw on a pipe. It also has extremely low maintinence. Just lube it up, change oil and air filter every one in a while and your good. I've had mine for a year and never ran into an issue and I've ridden it a lot.