Sign in to follow this  

Should i do this trade?

hey guys im looking at trading my 05 klx110 pitbike, modded out with v1 race head, full exhaust, ishock, 143cc big bore, tall bars ect,

for a 2001 cr125.

basically i just dont feel like going through the hassle of selling the thing, and i want a cheap 125 to beat the shit out of.

How is the 01 cr125 and do you think this trade is a bad idea? no one else really wants to trade their 02+ rm125s or 02+ yz125s lol..

should i just wait and try to get one of those or is an 01 decent? i will by no means be riding the thing competitively, but i do want it to be decent enough to have fun on.

The 2001 will be perfectly fine for what you are describing. I had a 2000 CR125 and it was a very fun bike! I now have a 2001 CR250 that I do race competitively in the B class and it is plenty fun! Just keep the 125 maintained real well and it will last forever!

Is your KLX on CL? I think its a good trade. I liked the 2001 CR125. Not the most down low but it handles good and stops great. As long as the 125 is in good shape go for it.

No its not on craigs, like i said i dont feel like trying to sell it.

I did pay 900 for the pitbike and put a good 400 into parts, so i have 1300 invested. sucks to lose money.

its clean at least, idk how well maintained it was, but i guess ill check it out.

more opinions welcome

Edited by avoidthedog

Do the trade i owned a 01 that i bought blown up and rebuilt it and hands down was the best bike i have owned! Like mentioned above not much on the bottom but common its a 125 they aren't meant to be ridden on the bottom they want the piss wrung out of them. I put the fmf rev pipe on it and that little bike was a screamer most fun i had on a track with a bike and super reliable. I regret letting it go and watching an idiot let it turn to a piece of crap. :lol: SO DEFINATELY DO IT! :bonk:

if you find someone to trade you i would

i have a 2001 cr125 that ive owned for a while and by no means in a rush to get rid of it

hopefully you can find one good luck