Sign in to follow this  

Fork tube top caps mis-aligned?

After doing my bar install today, I noticed that my bleeders screws and fork clicker adjusters were not in the same spot on each fork. I know this bike has never been dropped, or damaged. Is this just the top part of the fork tube turned wrong or is this common from the factory?

Look closely in the picture and you will see that on is at the 6' oclock and the other is at the 3'oclock positions.

photo-12.jpg

yeah ... its normal

its best to verify the settings anyway

for all we know the left could be on 10 clicks out and the right on 13

Thanks, whats the correct procedure for setting the clicks?

turn the clickers in { clockwise } all the way , be gentle . do not force the adjuster when it bottoms out

find out the correct settings as a baseline , turn the clicker out to as many clicks as recommended

Edited by chooken

I believe he's talking avout how the clickers are not aligned not the adjustments are not equal. If this is correct then there is no issue. You can loosen the triple clamps and spin the fork tube and align the adjusters any where you like. I have mine at 3 and 9 to make getting to the clicker easy. As far as adjusting the clickers turn them in, counting the clicks..then back them back out. Make sure both sides are the same. Actual number of clicks is completely up to the rider.

Do a search for fork(suspension) adjustment and you should find a complete write up on how to go about setting everything up.

quick search and found this pretty good write up for sport bokes but they work the same way:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/adjust_motorcycle_suspension/index.html