Sign in to follow this  

Redex Carb cleaner

There' no other posts about redex I can find so is it a good idea to use this once in a while? just a small amount?

Is it a high-solvent based cleaner?

If it was made for autos, I would not use it.

If your carb woes are due to ethanol corrosion, carb cleaner won't help anyway, unless it's a recent issue.

OK, I just looked up what Redex is: It's a 'carb cleaner in a bottle' product that you pour in your gas.

I personally wouldn't use it under any circumstance.

I don't need it but I just wanted to know if it'd be better to use it occasionally just to keep the carb clean, I used it in my husky a couple of times but wanted to know if it'd help keeping the hondas carb clean

I like sea-foam. I've seen it work sometimes but as Krannie said if it is due to ethanol corrosion to the point a jet is completly pluged not any pour into fuel cleaner will work.

I like sea-foam. I've seen it work sometimes but as Krannie said if it is due to ethanol corrosion to the point a jet is completly pluged not any pour into fuel cleaner will work.

I started using Sea-Foam Deep Creep spray. 100% petroleum and sensor safe.

I pull the fuel line off and spray some in the bowl. Start it up and run some through before storing.

Of course I am treating the fuel with the ethenol fuel stabilizer.

Another trick I use with the XR is I run 1 oz of 2 stroke oil every now and then to the fuel.

This lubes the carb well and eases the stickieness of the throttle.

Those monsters have sooooo much vacuum that ther carb slide actually wants to stick to the carb body under hard accel and makes the throttle sticky. The oil in the fuel does a great job of making the slide... well slide.