Sign in to follow this  

07 DRZ SM...Redoing and trying to put my old MRD on...Yosh RS2 Pipe STUCK!

Okay, where the header pipe meets the silencer, sort of by the head of the motor for lack of location words, the pipe is stuck...Before i cut this thing off :bonk: its killing me, me and my dad tried heating it up, even cherry red, wd40, whole ine yards, im pulling he pulling, this thing will not move. Its moved maybe and inch and half total but its stuck at this point, anyway to get this thing off. I pulled so hard from the pipe end the actual silencer pulled off from the silencer pipe, so know its a full exhaust on the bike with the end part of the muffler...i need help

Could try some deep creep, let it sit overnight or something.

I would've already cut the fu#ker off, but its tough to re sell a cut up pipe

If youve already taken the can off, could you undo the head pipe bolts, then pull the whole system towards you?

I'm not by my bike right now so idk if the geometry would let you :bonk:

tried that last part, the way the rs2 bends after it pass the frame doesnt allowe me to pull the 2 piece connected out :/ i want to put it on my dads bike so i really dont want to cut you know

Heat it red hot and use a twist, pull, and wiggle technique. Sometimes they can be a real pain in the @$$

Use a flat drift against the lip of the pipe and tap it off once its warm.

When I took my rs-2 off a few years back to I stall the ssw/mrd.... I spend about 10 minutes with a small plastic mallet....... With small blows smacking the hulla out of the joint..... While my wife pulled.... Wiggled and twisted the pipe out. Was a pain..... But I saw Eddie do the same after my ssw build....

Erling