Sign in to follow this  

clutch draging exc 200

the other day my clutch started draging its not that bad to pull me along.when the clutch lever is fully in the engine some times stalls and i is ajusted all the way in on the clutch lever..

what could this be ?

This was happening on my Yamaha dirt bike, and became very annoying. I replaced the clutch pack and it's perfect now. Some of the plates must have become warped and worn over time.

I found replacing a clutch to be very easy. I was using OEM pieces, so it wasn't cheap, though. Aftermarket clutch packs are cheaper, but I stay with stock springs.

notched clutch basket or warped plates. I don't know how much bleeding will help. Also, if you are running a thick oil, that will also cause clutch drag. Does it happen when the engine/tranny is completely warm?

notched clutch basket or warped plates. I don't know how much bleeding will help. Also, if you are running a thick oil, that will also cause clutch drag. Does it happen when the engine/tranny is completely warm?

yeah it does happen when the engine/tranny is completely warm.not sure what gear oil im using becuse i have not replace it. i have not had the bike that long,,it did not do this when i first got the bike

i have just blead the clutch..still does the same. so i will inspect the plates. but im going to buy new one if im going to take the old ones out

only problem with tusk kit is that im from uk so it will be just over two weeks wait for postage..what i can get hold of is ebc clutch kit or from a ktm dealer