Sign in to follow this  

Front brakes won't fully release after complete rebuild

After fully disassembling, cleaning, rebuilding and vacuum bleeding the front brakes on my CRF250, they will not fully release. They do release but not fully. The front wheel will spin with the brake lever released but you can feel some drag. The pads are dragging over so slightly.

Master cylinder was rebuilt with a new piston kit. Caliper was fully disassembled, pistons were cleaned, floating pins greased and new pads were installed. Bleeding was performed with a vacuum bleeder.

What am I missing? Could the pads need some break-in time?

After fully disassembling, cleaning, rebuilding and vacuum bleeding the front brakes on my CRF250, they will not fully release. They do release but not fully. The front wheel will spin with the brake lever released but you can feel some drag. The pads are dragging over so slightly.

Master cylinder was rebuilt with a new piston kit. Caliper was fully disassembled, pistons were cleaned, floating pins greased and new pads were installed. Bleeding was performed with a vacuum bleeder.

What am I missing? Could the pads need some break-in time?

My bike did this and they didn't have much stopping power. take it out for a couple rides and bed those pads in and see where it goes from there. The stopping power is a lot better and the wheel has a little resistance but not enough to worry about, i think all of them drag a little am i right?