Sign in to follow this  

Brake light on/ DRZ-250

Just wondering if everyone else that owns a DRZ-250 has their brake light on as soon as you turn the key.

It does not change for me when I hit the brake so I'm wondering if there is an issue with my brake or if this is just how it is.

Also is the rear brake supposed to drag a little bit?

Thanks

If you are referring to the tail light, it does come on automatically. There is a wire to a second element which would normally be the brake light just hanging there.

Ok thanks for that. Is there a way to wire it up as a brake light without having to go too crazy with it?

Also how about the rear brake dragging a little bit? I've heard on some bikes that's supposed to happen but I'm not sure about the DRZ 250.

What I did on my DRZ is run a wire from the hot lead on the tail light to a hydraulic brake light switch on the rear brake.

I then connected the wire from the brake light switch to the "idle" wire from the tail light assembly. That goes to the

second and brighter filament in the tail light bulb. The K & S switch (Dennis Kirk part no. 21-0370 10mm x 1.00mm)

screws into the rear brake master cylinder.

Your brakes should not drag at all.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the help I'll give that a try this weekend and report back here.