Sign in to follow this  

Supercross TUF Engine Packages

Two goofy brothers who ride MotoConcept 450s. No. 801 got his TUF engine this week developed by Ron Hamp. The bikes worked reasonably well on the hole shot, but the factory bikes were really close.

AllessiBros.jpg

• Like 2

dont make fun of Ron's welding glasses ! hahaha good job Ron .... those zuke's haul !!

deff wasn't making fun of him! i wish my bike had his work on it! elpato had a diff avatar of a rainbow!

Two goofy brothers who ride MotoConcept 450s. No. 801 got his TUF engine this week developed by Ron Hamp. The bikes worked reasonably well on the hole shot, but the factory bikes were really close.

Just curious Ron, but can you tell us anything about the work done on their engines ? Without getting too specific, of course.

J&E custom pistons the cam shafts are a custom desighn made by web to my specs the neat thing about the cams and the head is that it alows me to use a very chocked off exhaust fim legal with out killing the power .The cylinder head has a completley reshaped intake port that is welded instead of epoxy i had roush racing getting them done for me and they recently set me up with the welder on a personal basis. the proto type used the stock connecting rod and worked very well but we have been using crank works new rods .the bikes have hinson clutches.the transmisions have 3rd gear machined and are super finished i had one of the factory transmisions in my hands and it was stock except for finishing.the team is curently using the stock ecu and maps there @ just over 62 hp i had over 63 with the bazzaz tuner im waiting on the new Bazzaz ecus so timing can be adjusted.in any case we are ready for the out door events i truly beleive that this is where theses bikes are going to shine.When i had this bike here in july it would pull a 5th gear start with stock gearing when we rode it it was very ridable you would never think it had over 63 hp the bike also base lined@ 52 hp on pump gas i received it new in the crate and broke it in.the neat thing is any body can get this same engine from us@ TUF .My wife said that mike and jeff should have held hands through the corner .I need to put up a new avatar with out welding glasses im 60 pounds littler now and my face isnt as fat i can actually test the mx bikes i build now as soon as the cardiologist get my heart beating right i will be out kicking but on the mx track.

• Like 2

J&E custom pistons the cam shafts are a custom desighn made by web to my specs the neat thing about the cams and the head is that it alows me to use a very chocked off exhaust fim legal with out killing the power .The cylinder head has a completley reshaped intake port that is welded instead of epoxy i had roush racing getting them done for me and they recently set me up with the welder on a personal basis. the proto type used the stock connecting rod and worked very well but we have been using crank works new rods .the bikes have hinson clutches.the transmisions have 3rd gear machined and are super finished i had one of the factory transmisions in my hands and it was stock except for finishing.the team is curently using the stock ecu and maps there @ just over 62 hp i had over 63 with the bazzaz tuner im waiting on the new Bazzaz ecus so timing can be adjusted.in any case we are ready for the out door events i truly beleive that this is where theses bikes are going to shine.When i had this bike here in july it would pull a 5th gear start with stock gearing when we rode it it was very ridable you would never think it had over 63 hp the bike also base lined@ 52 hp on pump gas i received it new in the crate and broke it in.the neat thing is any body can get this same engine from us@ TUF .My wife said that mike and jeff should have held hands through the corner .I need to put up a new avatar with out welding glasses im 60 pounds littler now and my face isnt as fat i can actually test the mx bikes i build now as soon as the cardiologist get my heart beating right i will be out kicking but on the mx track.

get the ticker working and ride! by the way what does an engine like that cost? do you do this for kx?

the suzuki head being welded with bronze seats pushes the price over $3000 .I have a package for the Kaw 450 we done a few out door national bikes last year they work very well and if i had one for more time i could make it better .Most of our engine packages are under $3000 and are competitive @ the national level .

deff wasn't making fun of him! i wish my bike had his work on it! elpato had a diff avatar of a rainbow!

my bad , I thought you were talking about Ron's avi , I was kidding too, yep he makes big power

When i had this bike here in july it would pull a 5th gear start with stock gearing when we rode it.

Fifth gear starts, Got any video of this? I would love to see that, thing must be crazy fast!

the suzuki head being welded with bronze seats pushes the price over $3000 .I have a package for the Kaw 450 we done a few out door national bikes last year they work very well and if i had one for more time i could make it better .Most of our engine packages are under $3000 and are competitive @ the national level .

hum.... (brain is thinking) do you suggest something on the bottom end? you want the whole motor to do this?

my bad , I thought you were talking about Ron's avi , I was kidding too, yep he makes big power

genius .what

K I'm just kidding too. But I'd change that with my av.

Too bad the two cheapest tools in the box are representing Ron's fine work.

genius .what

K I'm just kidding too. But I'd change that with my av.

Too bad the two cheapest tools in the box are representing Ron's fine work.

I know just like that one that finished 4th last wknd. Also that other one w the holeshot. And the guy in 4th isnt even known for supercross skills.

dont be surprised to see MA pulling big holeshots outdoor's , the SX starts arent long enough to show how those bikes pull

Fifth gear starts, Got any video of this? I would love to see that, thing must be crazy fast!

??? I was still kinda wondering if there is any videos of the fifth gear starts? I have just went out with a pretty well prepped (not top national pro level) RMZ450, and third gear starts were definitely a challenge, fourth gear ,, no way, fifth not possible that is unless smoking the clutch is on the menu.

But then again, this RMZ might be only slighty over 50 HP.

• Like 1

when the traction is good I think third gear starts would be about all a 450 could pull without slipping the clutch , if it is hard pack I would say you could burn out in fifth with 60 hp if you had it reved up and dumped the clutch , I wouldn't want to get sidways though !!

when the traction is good I think third gear starts would be about all a 450 could pull without slipping the clutch , if it is hard pack I would say you could burn out in fifth with 60 hp if you had it reved up and dumped the clutch , I wouldn't want to get sidways though !!

I tried on some nice still wet soil, and then over to some loose small gravel covered hardpack, On the tacky stuff third worked and was pretty quick with a lot of clutch, on the loose third would spins in a John Force top fuel kind of way, still even with the initial wheel spin and tons of clutch fifth gear is not going to happen , at least not in anything that resembles a start off the line.

Who cares if you can start in 5th!

No pro would ever do it and no Supercross track will ever see 5th anyway. Ron was just pointing out that the engine has TONS of power which I think we all saw last week

I hope those two guys do it again tonight

• Like 1