Sign in to follow this  

What's some decent - entry level street armor ?

I've got a ton of off-road gear (elbow / knee pads, neck brace, chest protector), but have just picked up some SM wheels and am gunna start riding some street.

I could wear that stuff, but don't really know if there's some decent (affordable) street armor that would perform bettter in a get-off.

Thanks T T . . . .

I've got a ton of off-road gear (elbow / knee pads, neck brace, chest protector), but have just picked up some SM wheels and am gunna start riding some street.

I could wear that stuff, but don't really know if there's some decent (affordable) street armor that would perform bettter in a get-off.

Thanks T T . . . .

street bike gear should do it, jacket, riding pants, boots, gloves etc. Dirt gear won't do much to keep you from road rash. Be safe

Ballistic mesh jacket (~$150 - 200)

Gloves (~$40 - 60)

Draggin jeans (~$120)

Boots don't have to be motorcycle specific, something that covers your ankle and won't slip off when tied properly would be sufficient. I personally have a pair of military boots which are quite comfortable wearing regularly (magnum eliete spider 8.0)

Leather is better for protection all around, but it's not always the most comfortable or convenient.

While you can search around for a good deal on gear, just think of what you'd be willing to pay to have your skin back.