How can i make my yz125 faster

just want to see if anyone can tell me parts i can buy to make my 2001 model yz 125 faster its already had a bigger rebore and weisco piston put in it and was told its also had racing reeds put in it when i bought it and it has powerbands just wondering what other mods or parts could i buy to get the most power possible out of the bike its fast just now but want it faster

thanks

"...and it has powerbands..."

oh, and what colour/type would those be? :bonk:

lol, but seriously, if it's bored. You could try raising the compression and running a higher octane fuel. (will need to re jet)

Pipes/silencers will generally move the power around more than add some, but there is definatley power to be gained by trying out different combinations. Also, you could get a 250! Maybe try holding it pinned longer, and holding it pinned in the corners. I'll leave some for other people to chime in with.

ive had a 250 kx before i really like the yz's just looking for a little more power not really looking for bigger bike although i wouldnt mind a yzf 450 theres a few things ive been told would work like bigger sprockets like an extra tooth or two

thanks for the help guys and i only use it for trail riding was thinking just adding an fmf sytemand leave it at tht

Do not get an exhaust system and expect power gains. I got an FMF fatty and shorty for my 125 and it did absolutely nothing. If you are going to dump $300 into your bike, just get it ported and polished. It also helps alot to keep the top-end fresh, and the powervalve clean. I would start with making the top end and powervalve in top shape

Do not get an exhaust system and expect power gains. I got an FMF fatty and shorty for my 125 and it did absolutely nothing. If you are going to dump $300 into your bike, just get it ported and polished. It also helps alot to keep the top-end fresh, and the powervalve clean. I would start with making the top end and powervalve in top shape

Did you jet your bike after? jw.

I would personally just get a 250 2 stroke if you want an ear to ear grin every time you twist the throttle. I used to ride a 125 and then I switched to a 250 2 stroke of the same year as my 125 (2001) and I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, go back in 9,999,999,999,999999,999,999999,999,999,999, years even for $9,000,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000 no matter how nice the 125 was. I realised how much I hated my &%$#@!ing 125 as soon as I rode a 250 2 stroke for the first time.

Did you jet your bike after? jw.

nope, but look at the dyno charts of aftermarket pipes even after re-jetted carbs. they do not ADD horsepower, they simply move it around. Plus the chrome pipes look like shit even brand new they look like a &%$#@!ing gay/clown/harley/goon/&%$#@!/quadtard/truckrunningboards. total waste of money to spend $300 just to gain .5 horsepower in the mid-rpm ranges.

• Like 1

nope, but look at the dyno charts of aftermarket pipes even after re-jetted carbs. they do not ADD horsepower, they simply move it around. Plus the chrome pipes look like shit even brand new they look like a &%$#@!ing gay/clown/harley/goon/&%$#@!/quadtard/truckrunningboards. total waste of money to spend $300 just to gain .5 horsepower in the mid-rpm ranges.

If you read my first post in here, you'll see that I understand that, I was just wondering. There are small gains to be had tho. It's just that 2 strokes are so well developed that the stock pipe/silencer is pretty mint!

Heh, I think you guys are falling for a troll. Pushing the easy buttons if you ask me.....he and I are probably both a little surprised he isn't getting flamed more. Never understood the 'excitement' of acting like and idiot just to get called one. Playing on good, supportive people's insights.

Kind of thought that from the beginning when his bike had powerbands haha

Heh, I think you guys are falling for a troll. Pushing the easy buttons if you ask me.....he and I are probably both a little surprised he isn't getting flamed more. Never understood the 'excitement' of acting like and idiot just to get called one. Playing on good, supportive people's insights.

Lol I was not sure so I just decided to answer his questions. It was not long ago when I too though the powerband was a mechanical part.

That's not true at all to be fair. Surprisingly there are systems that provide more power than stock without sacrifices. plenty of dyno data out there to show that. Happy to post you the charts if you want to analyse them yourself :-)

That's not true at all to be fair. Surprisingly there are systems that provide more power than stock without sacrifices. plenty of dyno data out there to show that. Happy to post you the charts if you want to analyse them yourself :-)

go ahead and suprise me. if it adds 2 hp anywhere I will be amazed and pipes still wont be worth the money

if your pretty proficiant on a 125 then go to a yz 250 , they are an awesome upgrade , we have 2 guys who ride 125's and they really put on a good show so either way your on a winner IMHO , Bikes are like a good wine they give what they can with the weight they carry at the exact time you open them up and wait for the fruit to flow out ......................Good luck

Regards Dazza

, Bikes are like a good wine they give what they can with the weight they carry at the exact time you open them up and wait for the fruit to flow out

yeah well my bike isnt pulling much lol im only 8 stone so when it pulls i gotta hold on for dear life hahaha

go ahead and suprise me. if it adds 2 hp anywhere I will be amazed and pipes still wont be worth the money

Happy to send you the data I have on the 250. DEP pipe for example mimics stock up to 6.5K (+0.5hp) then makes approx 2hp more over next 2K and through peak. Best part is the last 1500rpm where it makes 5 to 7hp more right up to max revs. Thats what allows a gear to be held longer before shifting and when you do it still drops down into the range where it is making more than stock. Only you can decide if it is worth it to yourself.

Edited by stimps
  • Like 1