Sign in to follow this  

Opinions pls!

Ok so I have decided to go with crfheads.com for my valve job. I am going with their $599 package and I am also goin to put in a new je 13:5:1 piston. I will be removing the head and also the cylinder as he said if I sent it in he would prep it for the new piston for free. What do you think of this setup and also will I need any special tools for this removal? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if I am going to need any special or certain tools to remove my head and cylinder? Also when I break it in do I need to run my usual Honda hp4 oil or can I just get some cheaper 10w40 to break it in with?

You're probably going to fight with the timing chain tensioner and the clips that go on the sides of the piston that hold the wrist pin in. No special tools required. You can use some cheap oil to break it in. Only run the cheap oil for about an hour then change it and run the good stuff.

You're probably going to fight with the timing chain tensioner and the clips that go on the sides of the piston that hold the wrist pin in. No special tools required. You can use some cheap oil to break it in. Only run the cheap oil for about an hour then change it and run the good stuff.

This, It ruined my Wiseco top end along with the cylinder when one of them poped out after 5min. :bonk:

Thanks for the replies guys hopefully after this weekend my head will b in the mail ready for service!

Edited by Justink437