Sign in to follow this  

250 vs 450

wanting to get a new bike but im debating between a 250 2 stroke or a newer 450. what is the best bike and why? thanks.

What are you going to use it for? I ride nothing but offroad and I have a KX450. If I was racing I would get a 2 stroke because of the maintenance. Maintenance isn't an issue for me because I don't race and just ride for fun. There is no way I could use all the power of a 450 anyway.

wanting to get a new bike but im debating between a 250 2 stroke or a newer 450. what is the best bike and why? thanks.

All this question is going to do is start another 2 vs 4 debate. One isn't necessarily better than the other. Each have good and bad qualities and it depends on the rider. Only you will be able to tell which is better for YOU and why. Get with some buddies and ride their bikes and see what you think.

A used crf450x is hard to beat. They are really fast and alot of fun. I wouldn't buya new one just because of price...i bought a 5 year old one for right under 3k and have had no problems/

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan

ya i currently ride 2 strokes have ridden 4 stroke quads but never the bike. The thing i heard bad about the 4 strokes is maintenance.

Not all 4 strokes are high maintenance...you cant classify all "4 strokes" in the same category. The pros ride 250Fs that have an engine life of 2 hours. An XR250/400 might run 500-600+ hours before needing a rebuild. I know many riders who own pre 2008 KTM 450 EXCs [RFS motor] that have ran [well maintained] original top ends for 350+ hours...thats performance and low maintenance in one engine.

Theres already a truckload of threads referring to this exact question.

Just sit back and have a 3 hour read and then go ride your mates bikes and then you can make a decision as already spoken about 800 times before here on thumper

Regards Dazza