Sign in to follow this  

05 Ktm 125sx or 05 Kx 125?

Hey everyone. I am in tge middle of a trade dilemma. I am trading my 06 yz250f for either of these bikes. The guy with the ktm has offered 500 on top. I dont know how much the kx guy will add. Both bikes are in great shape. The kx has aftermarket scilencer and pipe along with the ktm. The kx has great aftermarket front suspension though. Now the 2005 shootout puts ktm at 2nd and kx in 4th but who knows how accurate they are. Any help would be appreciated

if the shootouts are from mxa, expect honest, straight up reviews from them... only problem is the bikes they test are new, and these bikes aren't new. The ktm has pds suspension and ergo's are slightly diff from Japanese bikes... go check out these bikes, ktm first since the person selling it seems more interested. Ride both of them, a good running 2 stroke should start no more than 2 kicks. I always take the pipe off to see if the cylinder has cross hatching and no score marks etc. check everything on both bikes, bearings, last top end intervals, etc. Oh, you can also take off the ignition cover and see if there is any movement on flywheel.

The guy with the kx has 2 extra jugs and it has all kinds of goodies and he's adding 350 and race gas so i think im gonna go with that