Sign in to follow this  

Aus fuel different to US?

Just a question for yas. I hear alot of talk of carbs getting gummed up, fuel going bad etc etc after only a couple weeks

Now, i havent riden my bike for over 3 months and it lives outside under a bike cover. Pulled it out the other day and started first kick

Same goes for my brother/mates bikes. They sit for sometimes 6 months between rides with no need to clean carbs or drain fuel.

So question, Is the aussie fuel different to the US stuff?

Just a question for yas. I hear alot of talk of carbs getting gummed up, fuel going bad etc etc after only a couple weeks

Now, i havent riden my bike for over 3 months and it lives outside under a bike cover. Pulled it out the other day and started first kick

Same goes for my brother/mates bikes. They sit for sometimes 6 months between rides with no need to clean carbs or drain fuel.

So question, Is the aussie fuel different to the US stuff?

Yes. Politicians have approved the addition of Ethanol in mostly all of the US fuel supply, in the name of votes and 'jobs'. Which is BS, cause Agri-business has the worst ratio of jobs to profit in the industry.

I see

They are trying to do the same thing here actually, the only ethanol free fuel would be the high octane stuff which costs more so naturally there was a big uproar and for once the people won lol

Although half the servo's use 10% ethanol in their regular unleaded