Sign in to follow this  

08 RMZ 250

i have an 08 that i bought brand new in summer of 2010 and i have had no problems with it (knok on wood) but last weekend i believe my water pump seal went out due to water in my oil. that's the only real problem i have had with my bike (besides bent bars from crashing lol) but the 08 in my case has been a very choice bike! i love my banana!

But the thing about "built up" used 4 smokers is it risky. if he or she did all the work him or her self, who know what could be messed up??? unless its like exhaust, bars, wheels, and grips. if thats "built up" then maybe. but if it just had this and that replaced recently like top end or any thing in the motor id say away. and who knows what abuse they put the bike through you know? something could be messed up and they cant figure it out thats why there selling it??? ive seen it happen to my buddy.

if the 08 really has low hours id go with that choice. then you can have the pride and all they fun building your own bike, knowing its done right. eather way its a suzuki so you really cant go wrong here lol :bonk:

if the 08 really has low hours id go with that choice. then you can have the pride and all they fun building your own bike, knowing its done right. eather way its a suzuki so you really cant go wrong here lol :bonk:

THIS! if it really has lower hours you will not go wrong with the 08, a very good handling bike with highly underestimated reliability (ive owned the 09 without any problems that wouldn't have occurred on any other brand of bike) did not regret that bike. but as was said above you must determine whether the bike really does have low hours and not just new plastics...

Edited by funkinalive

Thanks for the replies i'm giving up on used once again as i always do. I plan on a new 2012 YZF or CRF not sure yet which one. I'm tired of waiting to ride and with our mild winter i am wasting valuable time.

Thanks for the replies i'm giving up on used once again as i always do. I plan on a new 2012 YZF or CRF not sure yet which one. I'm tired of waiting to ride and with our mild winter i am wasting valuable time.

your in the wrong part of these forums going red/blue :bonk::lol:

Id say go with the 2008. You at least know it hasnt been abused, no body has messed with anything. Even if you have to put a little money into it at least the year is the sames as the 2009 and it is worth while to invest. Why spend more money on a bike that is 6 years old? Just my 2 cents

I do like the 08 but these craigslist people never contact you back. I've got the cash and I'll just put it towards a new one now.

if your going new go yellow!!! suzuki's got a deal with 1000 bucks off and 0 down for 5 years. i just seen it at my bike shop and on twitter lol. something to look into maybe.

Do not buy the 06, up until 05 green and yellow were made on the same production line, then kawi released a new engine in 06 leaving yellow with a reproduced 05, in 07 suzuki finally got up to speed and released their revamped rmz. I would strongly consider saving a few bucks and getting that 08 rmz if the hours are as low as you say and the condition shows it.

if your going new go yellow!!! suzuki's got a deal with 1000 bucks off and 0 down for 5 years. i just seen it at my bike shop and on twitter lol. something to look into maybe.

what he said! the new bikes can be found for a great deal and they are very good pieces of equipment. i highly recommend my 2011 and am glad to help with any questions about the bike...