Sign in to follow this  

HELP!

Just bought a 2006 yz250 and I feel like the rear shock is blow. I had this happen on my crf, bu this just seems way different. The reason I believe its blown is because the rear shock rebound and compression seem to be worthless, there is oul on th shaft, and when I take somewhat hard landings the shock makes a suction noise/loud noise.

Any info would be great, just trying to decide if I should rebuild it or not. Thanks

if its a new bike is the spring right for you weight and did you set ur sag, and adjust the clickers? but a rebuild coudnt hurt

Edited by ekulb14

yes, threw a new spring on for my weight. I Adjusted the clckers for what I want on both forks and the shock. But I feel like im notg getting out of it what I should be.

There shouldn't be oil on the shaft. Drop the $250 for a rebuild. You will be glad you did.

$250?! I obviously don't charge enough. Is that front and rear, or did you need a pile of parts?

I needed a lot of parts and I also got a heavier spring,which I guess I should have figured out of the price. The shock on my 06 200xc-w was roached. That said,it helped everything,from overall ride to handling and traction. Money well spent.

$250?! I obviously don't charge enough. Is that front and rear, or did you need a pile of parts?

mY last one was $240. The mechanic dropped everything and could not find all the parts... so i got brand new everything for half price.