Sign in to follow this  

09 rmz 450...

going to check one out in a few days, but wondering what to look out for specifically? as in problems from bikes of that year, etc... I'm fairly knowledgeable about bikes, but I'm more of a KTM guy...

aside from the things you would check on any used bike, make sure to test drive it to see if the bike shift well, trans/clutch isnt the strongest attributes of the RMZ. I have over 50 hours on my 08 and recently did a compression + leak down test and the readings were as good as new. Valve adjustment was barely off on 1 of the 4 valves at about 20 hours and just fine at 50. I ride mx track and race in the vet B class.

just check your basics there a very reliable bike the 09s previous models had some problems but were ironed out in 09

sometimes the 09 rms pop when kicking it over but its nothing to worry about

there super fast very short powerband first of the efi"s like to be short shifted they do stall quite easy when hill climbing

never had an overheating problem

thanks for the responses. no issuses with the FI system? i have herd some bikes having trouble with pumps, etc...

thanks for the responses. no issuses with the FI system? i have herd some bikes having trouble with pumps, etc...

keep the gas clean, flush the tank when you first get the bike and use a strainer when filling. haven't heard of many RMZ's trashing pumps or injectors but its good preventive practice to have clean fuel (from what i hear KTM's are bad for this)...

Edited by funkinalive