CRF150F Flooded with water HELP

I have a 2006 CRF150F electric start that I flooded today in a creek, water rushed into the exhaust before I could get it out and so the whole engine flooded with water. I dissambled the exhaust got the water out, unattched the spark plug and drained water from there, changed the oil which was flooded with water and cleaned the intake. After all of that work I expected it to start, but would not, I tried heating and putting gasoline on the sparkplug, but it would not work and I ended up stripping it from constantly taking it off and on and not being careful enough, so I am planning on picking one up first thing tomorrow, Please give me some ideas of what else could be the problem, Im thinking maybe carbeutor might be flooded with water

Had the same issue with my 150 but while washing it. Went to kick it over after washing and it was locked up. The airbox drain hole was plugged up (apparently mud dropped into the top of the opened up airbox) I washed it with exhaust plug but water that normally would have gotten in the top of the airbox was not able to drain out. When I opened the side of airbox water poured out on the floor. The water had filled the cylinder and would not allow the engine to turn over.

I immediately removed spark plug, kicked it til no water came out; dumped crankcase oil; poured WD40 in crank case and spark plug hole(cylinder)and drained carb float bowl, kicked it a dozen times or so and dumped the WD40 out of the crank case. I cleaned the airbox real well replaced the oil the spark plug and put in a fresh airfilter. It fired right up. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a ZipLoc brand food storage container almost the exact size and shape as the air filter, slapped a piece of weatherstripping around the top and made a slick airbox seal/plug. It works like a charm and it is held in place just like the air filter itself using the wire retention system.

ST O.D.

Had the same issue with my 150 but while washing it. Went to kick it over after washing and it was locked up. The airbox drain hole was plugged up (apparently mud dropped into the top of the opened up airbox) I washed it with exhaust plug but water that normally would have gotten in the top of the airbox was not able to drain out. When I opened the side of airbox water poured out on the floor. The water had filled the cylinder and would not allow the engine to turn over.

I immediately removed spark plug, kicked it til no water came out; dumped crankcase oil; poured WD40 in crank case and spark plug hole(cylinder)and drained carb float bowl, kicked it a dozen times or so and dumped the WD40 out of the crank case. I cleaned the airbox real well replaced the oil the spark plug and put in a fresh airfilter. It fired right up. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a ZipLoc brand food storage container almost the exact size and shape as the air filter, slapped a piece of weatherstripping around the top and made a slick airbox seal/plug. It works like a charm and it is held in place just like the air filter itself using the wire retention system.

ST O.D.

Some reason you lose me on the airbox seal plug with the ziploc container. :bonk:

But it is a good reason to check the air box on a regular basis. Especially if you ride through alot of mud and water like I do.

Mostly in the winter time.

alright thanks for all the help everyone, the new sparkplug did the trick, fired right up after two tries, after that I let the bike warm up and rode it around for awhile to get it heated up and evaporate any water, also put new oil in a second time since there was evidence of water and planning on cleaning carburetor before I take it out riding again.