Sign in to follow this  

Morgantown powersports WV scam?

Ok so I have kept my mouth shut long enough and now its time to vent. So I take my bike in to their shop to get timing issue fixed. They fix that issue and a few related things. I get my bike back and take it in the woods. I stop due to a odd smell and find out they make gaskets are leaking oil and coolant. i call the shop, while in the woods, to tell them issue. I tell the GM that I am putting stop leak in so I can make it back out without destroying my engine. When I picked up bike from shop I was told I was missing the front axle nut which is a lie. I looked at bike and you could see clean metal where bolt was and dried dirt that left a perfect ring where the nut was before i took it in. The sales guy that was helping load bike noticed amd agreed. I also notice that that they didnt hook up starter motor correctly, speedo no longer working and they installed brakes without my approval. They say my brakes were bad and charged me for parts but no labor on brakes. Yeah understand that but I didnt ask for the extra charge from brakes. He tells ok just bring it back and they will make it right. Also the day after I picked bike up the service manager call my work phone and leaves me a message cussing me and telling me that he didnt like me telling his GM about missing nut. He also tells me never again will he work on my bike! When I told GM about this he says I gave him a stern talking to. His idea of making it right was to come pick up bike, fix and drop back off to my house. After he picks up they call and say they fixed speedo and starter but cant find any leaks. Of cousre not now because their is stop leak in it you idiots! The only leak they found was from the top of engine near head cover but they didnt touch that part so they wont fix????? How do you tear down to the piston but not touch cylinder head? Its not leaking now so why fix is his thoughts. So bottom line I paid over 1300 dollars to fix bike and still had issues due to the shotty work they did. Nothing to compensate for all they problems at all. This place is a complete rip off!! You would think after spending that much money I would get treating good but no. So I guess customer service is as good as their service dept. So who is in the wrong me or them?

• Like 1

thats why they call them STEALerships bud. Learn to do your own work and you wont have anyone else to blame. Sucks you got ripped though.

• Like 1

Ok so I have kept my mouth shut long enough and now its time to vent. So I take my bike in to their shop to get timing issue fixed. They fix that issue and a few related things. I get my bike back and take it in the woods. I stop due to a odd smell and find out they make gaskets are leaking oil and coolant. i call the shop, while in the woods, to tell them issue. I tell the GM that I am putting stop leak in so I can make it back out without destroying my engine. When I picked up bike from shop I was told I was missing the front axle nut which is a lie. I looked at bike and you could see clean metal where bolt was and dried dirt that left a perfect ring where the nut was before i took it in. The sales guy that was helping load bike noticed amd agreed. I also notice that that they didnt hook up starter motor correctly, speedo no longer working and they installed brakes without my approval. They say my brakes were bad and charged me for parts but no labor on brakes. Yeah understand that but I didnt ask for the extra charge from brakes. He tells ok just bring it back and they will make it right. Also the day after I picked bike up the service manager call my work phone and leaves me a message cussing me and telling me that he didnt like me telling his GM about missing nut. He also tells me never again will he work on my bike! When I told GM about this he says I gave him a stern talking to. His idea of making it right was to come pick up bike, fix and drop back off to my house. After he picks up they call and say they fixed speedo and starter but cant find any leaks. Of cousre not now because their is stop leak in it you idiots! The only leak they found was from the top of engine near head cover but they didnt touch that part so they wont fix????? How do you tear down to the piston but not touch cylinder head? Its not leaking now so why fix is his thoughts. So bottom line I paid over 1300 dollars to fix bike and still had issues due to the shotty work they did. Nothing to compensate for all they problems at all. This place is a complete rip off!! You would think after spending that much money I would get treating good but no. So I guess customer service is as good as their service dept. So who is in the wrong me or them?

Sue them in small claims court. Gather all the supporting information you have and bring it with you. Sue them for the max in your state.

Yeah I tried to do the fix myself but I am not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot the exact issue. I am in the process of disputing the charge with my credit card co. Just making sure I was not exceeding my expectations from a dealership.

Did your parents sign the work order? I would think that you wouldn't have to pay anything if you are a minor.

That sucks. I hate when this kind of crap happens. But all you can really do is not support them and tell your friends not to support them. If they keep this up they will eventually go under.

One of my main complaints is that they would do nothing to compensate for problems. They could at least sponsored me or gave me a gift card. I feel a pair of gloves would have even cooled my opinion. Not looking to get even just a little something to say sorry for the screw up.

shop here in new york here claimed to clean my cousins carb.... they stripped the head right off the pilot jet...never mentioned anything and never replaced it lol.........im currently working on getting that pilot jet out of the carb.

Yeah a lot of garages/shops try to pull garbage and do half @$$ fixes when they break parts. This is why I work on all my toys and my car. If i found I garage I could trust I wouldn't mind taking something to them, but that seems hard to do.

So the bike kept jumping time and after setting it back in time it would jump so far out it would die. After a few times of kicking, while not knowing timing was the issue, the valves hit the piston. So i ended up with bent valves. They also told me that my cam chain was stretched and my chain guides were worn. He said while he was in there he was going check head and piston for damage. Those were fine so it was just a replacement of chain, guides and valves. Total price was a little over 1300 but also had forks done. Well only one because he said other wasnt leaking, but he told me he was going do both for the price of one since i was spending so much. That is just another thing that made me scratch my head.

Yeah a lot of garages/shops try to pull garbage and do half @$$ fixes when they break parts. This is why I work on all my toys and my car. If i found I garage I could trust I wouldn't mind taking something to them, but that seems hard to do.

ya seems like most of them are scams and on top of that it seems like you always have to wait for them to get to it....+1 on fixing your own stuff, save yourself hassle pick up a wrench and a service manual

Edited by ZTownsend

One of my main complaints is that they would do nothing to compensate for problems. They could at least sponsored me or gave me a gift card. I feel a pair of gloves would have even cooled my opinion. Not looking to get even just a little something to say sorry for the screw up.

I ordered some sunglasses from the local yam dealer that were supposed to be in a couple days ago. They're sunglasses so I'm not really in That big of a hurry to get them but I called A couple times. They weren't in yet. Whatever. I neede some fork oil so I stopped in and figured I'd hassle the parts guy about them some more. He called fox and was on the phone or like 15 minutes. Then he explained it was some sort of misunderstanding between them and fix and they should be here Tuesday. So I say cool man no worries than he tells me the fork oil is on him. Hands me a receipt that says paid on it and tells me to have a nice day. I couldn't even get a hour meter out of the Honda dealer that I gave $7000 to.

• Like 2

ya.... you gotta pick and choose what dealers you go to........my local suzuki dealer is great........i ride kawi's and they help me out with whatever i ask, they have answered every question ive asked... Big Thanks to Oneonta Motorsports

Take the time to learn how to fix it yourself, even if that means having a riding buddy that knows how to fix it help you the first couple of time's. A case or two of beer is cheaper then the stealership.

Oh and next time try some paragraphs they help too lol

• Like 1

After a bike was in for a fix and when picking up my bike after the service I was shown a leaky fork seal. No money to fix that I said. Went riding cleaned up the bike no leaky seal hum. Don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure those that serviced my bike were trying to pull a fast one for some extra bucks. Trust but verify.