Sign in to follow this  

Texas Red River Motorcycle Trails Trail map?

I'm going to Bulcher in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering if there were any trail maps out there. I figure with 2700 acres it would be pretty easy to get lost, and also miss out on some of the best stuff.

You can ask if they have a map in the office when you check in. I have never asked if they had one but it would be a good idea since I only covered about a quarter to a half of the trails the 3 times I was there in the fall.

You can ask if they have a map in the office when you check in. I have never asked if they had one but it would be a good idea since I only covered about a quarter to a half of the trails the 3 times I was there in the fall.

They said they are working on one, but nothing yet. They are focusing on marking specific landmark type spots with signage on the property, but haven't gotten a map together yet. I think when I go down there, I'm going to take my GPS and start mapping out the trails I ride. It won't be perfect, but it will be a start.

Wow they are slow, they have been working on the map and signs since the last time I went...Apr 2011.

When are you going? A group of us Houston area riders are talking about a Spring break trip...12-16 Mar with Mon and Fri as travel days.

If I go, it'll be this week-end. I won't know until tomorrow. The guys I'm going with are still up in the air on driving that far. It's not that far to me, but they are wuss' Haha

Rode this past Sat the 7th. My buds petered out so I gassed up and ventured out solo. Saw this group coming out of fence under a bridge that you had to turn your bars sideways to get through. I'm thinking hell yea, no fn quads. Off I go... This section was completely marked with fresh orange arrows. At mile marker 53.5, sun going down and running on fumes I had to break out through a fence on 373 north of the property. Rode south on 373 back to camp. Does anyone know what this section is?

"Bills Woods" is what that area is called. I was there solo on the 7th as well, but I rode that area first thing as you found out the hard way haha. Its nice tight woods riding with zero quads! Did you see those catfish skeletons at the gate... freakin monsters! Those flags/ mile markers are from a race they had about 4 months ago or so. As soon as you go in to pay look on the wall to the right of the door when exiting, the have a have general area map not to be confused with trail maps. They show what areas they have on a scale as bills woods, costa rica and petes gate being the best/more difficult! Anytime you want to ride man let me know, Im in Addison and probably going solo this weekend depending on rain.

Rode this past Sat the 7th. My buds petered out so I gassed up and ventured out solo. Saw this group coming out of fence under a bridge that you had to turn your bars sideways to get through. I'm thinking hell yea, no fn quads. Off I go... This section was completely marked with fresh orange arrows. At mile marker 53.5, sun going down and running on fumes I had to break out through a fence on 373 north of the property. Rode south on 373 back to camp. Does anyone know what this section is?

Yup, Bill's Woods is where you were at. I have been to Red River twice now. # days the first time, and 4 days the second time. For a total of about 7 loops in BW. It is my favorite torture on the whole property. If you do the complete loop in BW it is between 25 and 30 miles. First time I was there it was pretty much one trail from start to finish, last time there were more trails cut in and you could get turned around and end up in a place you had been before.

The second favorite area is Costa Rica and Pete's gate. The experienced rider only areas are a lot of fun, you start of fresh and just have a ball, but by the time you realize you are tired, you are so deep in it it seems like you will never get back out. When you finally make it out you want to kiss the signs and ground, swear "never again".......but the next morning someone says let's go back, and you say "Hell yeah!"

How much do they charge to ride? Id like to bring my two sons if its not too much.