Sign in to follow this  

Switching to different brands of oil? problems?

I just picked up a 2006 yz250 and the previous owner ran motul premix and transmission fluid. Any problems switch to Belray H1-R and Belray Gearsaver oil.? I heard the mixing oils causes separation and potential problems.

No problem at all. Have even topped up a mix of motul with bel ray h1r. Yesterday we had a half and half mix of h1r that was then topped up with castrol tts for the rest of the day. If you had mineral/vegetable oil then you would have to definetly drain.

I just picked up a 2006 yz250 and the previous owner ran motul premix and transmission fluid. Any problems switch to Belray H1-R and Belray Gearsaver oil.? I heard the mixing oils causes separation and potential problems.

I have always run ATF in the 2T transmissions. I realize there are mixed opinions on this and I am always curious to learn more. My understanding is ATF is good enough for the gears and bearings, and far superior for the clutch when compared to other lubricants, so overall it is a good (perhaps the best) choice.

Anyone else out there running ATF?

I run atf in my yz 250 it seems to be just fine. I change it every couple rides.

I have ran ATF in the transmission on my 2T, I am switching to Rotella now that I have a rekluse clutch because thats what rekluse recommends. I never had a problem with ATF. I have even ran it in the trans side of my crf450r and my sons crf250x with no problems.