Sign in to follow this  

RhodeIsland Where to buy race gas

Is there anywhere in RI, CT or MA where you can buy race gas at a pump? It's quite expensive for a 5 gallon tank of it.

Edited by DMS 56

What Octane is race gas?

There is a station near me that sells 100 octane at the pump.

Irving Gas in 02871

What Octane is race gas?

There is a station near me that sells 100 octane at the pump.

Irving Gas in 02871

That would be considered race gas I beleive. Wheres Irving gas located? I live in 02817

I buy 5 gallon can's from my local bike shop. I buy Klotz 112 octane and mix it 50/50 with 91 pump gas. I pre mix with Maxima cator 927. it has additional cleaners and is biodegradable.

That would be considered race gas I beleive. Wheres Irving gas located? I live in 02817

East Main Rd, north of the High School

you have to watch out with some of the race gas at the pump. i bought 100 octane street legal "race gas" and it still had ethanol, no lead, and didnt help my bike at all. i buy cam2 at a gulf station in bolton, ct off rt 6/44 and its $9 a gallon and leaded and works really well.

In Mass. you can buy 108 octane from the pump at Colubus Energies

1492 G.A.R. Highway

Swasea, Ma. 02777

It still goes for around $9.80 a gallon.

Sunoco is a CAM 2 distributor, but not every Sunoco sells it. For future searches on this topic, here's their "fuel finder" link to find some CAM 2 near you. http://www.racegas.com/fuelfinder

Last time I stocked up on it, it was running approximately $8.50 a gallon. There are threads ad nauseum here on TT from over the years debating the benefits or non-benefits of race gas, but performance aside, I'm tired of that mule piss ethanol clogging my jets and it takes me a long time to burn through 10 gallons of gas in my bikes, so I don't mind bucking up for Cam 2. I did spring for a metal jerry can on Ebay for the long term storage of it, though.

Hafners in Hudson NH. On the mass line , sells Cam 2 . It's 110 Octain and about $8.50 p/g