Sign in to follow this  

How heavy is too heavy for KTM 65

My 10 year old is 100lbs now...What weight of rider are these bikes set up for at factory? 2010 model...

there are 12 yr olds that are racing these bikes and weigh more. 100 is not too heavy.

My son raced a lot last year on a 65 at 9 years old, 5' tall and 105 pounds. His desire was strong to make it to Loretta's and he did, but he looked like a monkey doing you know what to a football. By the time we got to Loretta's he didn't want any part of the 65 any more. I wish I would have let him try on the 85 at the same time.

I say if your son still has the desire to ride the 65 let him have at it. Beware, if he gets a taste of the bigger bike he will want nothing to do with the little one any longer.

I guess I didn't answer your question, 80lbs from the factory. You can get heavier springs. You may want to check out the 2012 Cobra also, they are getting super fast.

Edited by kx450f63
  • Like 1

Unless you want to get rid of the bike soon, I'd skip it and go to the 85's. The 65's do hold there value but the size of your kid makes me think its too late for 65s. It can be done but it won't last long

Thanks for the replies...He raced 85 last year and it is understood this is his last year on 65. Springs are getting changed out as we speak and the motor got done at TH racing...

He won steady on the 65 last year and it will be interesting to see how he does this year on both 65 and 85...Can't wait...