Sign in to follow this  

Race Tech .48 vs. .50

Pretty much figured out the back - calculator indicates 5.74 spring so it looks like a Cannon RaceCraft 5.8 rear spring. A bit undecided about the front. Calculator says .49. Many here say the calculator is off a bit so they run a .48. Called Race Tech and they advised a .52 which I believe is too stiff. 215 lbs., +50, trails, fire roads and occasionally running (trying to) with my kids. Bike has stock tank. Raced MX in the '70's but know better than to try it now. Thinking the .48 is good as I can preload it if its too soft. Anyone with similar "stats" that has suggestions?? 2009 DRZ400S

Thanks

Edited by Chris4401

i think .50 would be way too stiff ... i have .48 and have the clickers almost all the way out to soften it further. I'm 210 lbs.

for your riding .48 would be great. 0.50 would be stiff but would work with less pre-load and compression damping backed out all the way and rebound up-ed a bit. I run .48 and weigh around 220lbs, ride mostly fire roads and woods trails. If I were riding more enduro or desert I'd need .50.

The Cannons would not be custom. The 5.8 rear and .48 or .50 front are stock items for them. Prices similar to RaceTech. Just trying to see what would be the best choice for the front base upon others' experience.