Sign in to follow this  

Washington Trails Near Seattle or Bellevue

hey all, i may be moving to the seattle area this summer.

there are tons of information with places to ride/camp - http://www.wohva-map-catalog.org/

do you know where is the closest place to seattle to ride dirtbikes?

being able to camp there is a huge plus.

Lots of places, but if you move into the city of Seattle, the shortest drive to ride somewhere will be about an hour and a half.

Lots of places, but if you move into the city of Seattle, the shortest drive to ride somewhere will be about an hour and a half.

This is the challenge I'm running into. I live in Seattle and I recently bought a nice dirtbike. But it is about a 90 minute drive (one way) to any public legal riding area. That makes riding after work basically impossible. I really wish there was a place within 30 or 45 minutes.

Contact trailmeisterjoe. Hes our northwest trail guide for newcomers.lol

This is the challenge I'm running into. I live in Seattle and I recently bought a nice dirtbike. But it is about a 90 minute drive (one way) to any public legal riding area. That makes riding after work basically impossible. I really wish there was a place within 30 or 45 minutes.

Move to Spokane! :bonk:

Jobs? Been trying to for years now but I dont want to be a whopper flopper either.

Jobs? Been trying to for years now but I dont want to be a whopper flopper either.

No idea on what your field is. Wifey and I bought a house, quit our jobs and jumped over without either of us employed. We spent the last couple of years stacking away a few dozen grand in case the job search went poorly. It was worth it. She works for a great nonprofit and I work with a great school district now. Did I mention the sunny days? Everyone told us both job markets were horrible (to be fair, they were) but <tooting horn mode> we're both really good at our jobs and landed two of the few openings out there </tooting horn mode>. Due to how school districts hire in bad economic times (extremely late), I couldn't in good conscience keep my former school on the hook while I looked for a different job, so we just went for it. If I knew more about your job market I could ask my wife what she knows about it through her networking groups.

Edited by Wonderspoon

I love Spokane!! I went to Gonzaga. Seattle is home now, though. Wife and I both like our jobs, which is a pretty important thing.

Glad to hear you like Spokane, though. I hope our paths cross at some point.

No idea on what your field is. Wifey and I bought a house, quit our jobs and jumped over without either of us employed. We spent the last couple of years stacking away a few dozen grand in case the job search went poorly. It was worth it. She works for a great nonprofit and I work with a great school district now. Did I mention the sunny days? Everyone told us both job markets were horrible (to be fair, they were) but <tooting horn mode> we're both really good at our jobs and landed two of the few openings out there </tooting horn mode>. Due to how school districts hire in bad economic times (extremely late), I couldn't in good conscience keep my former school on the hook while I looked for a different job, so we just went for it. If I knew more about your job market I could ask my wife what she knows about it through her networking groups.

I have a house in colville and know what i am missing. Though 4 months out of the year you can pretty much forget about riding. Thats where snowmobiles come into play though

You can ride year round here but for 8+ months its limited to the lowlands and they are constantly slimy and wet that time of year. Almost 2 hours from Seattle to anything but there area a ton of areas less than 3 hours away especially in the summer. I am probably jaded though since our last two summers were only about 2 months long.... heres hoping this one is better!