Sign in to follow this  

Goodbye Husky....It's been fun!

Crossed emotions today as I just sold what was one of the best bikes I ever had. What a great joy it was owning and riding this beast. On the plus side, I sold it to a family member so I will still see it around.... 2000 TE610. It was a fun past 12 years for sure.

Of course I will still be checking in on the Husky forumn here. I may have sold mine but I still love the brand. Sure I will pick up another some day. Still eyeing that WR125! :bonk:

bikepics-1965867-800.jpg

those really are great bikes. Miss my 02 TE570 a lot.

Perfer riding the berg more?? or are you replacing it with something??

Not that I like the Berg better than the Husky, thats not it at all. Fact of the matter is that I wasn't planning on selling the Husky at all. But the other fact is that with the new Husaberg and the Honda CR500 resurection project bike I have been dumping money into, the Husky has been sitting on the "back burner" for a while now. My nephew has been drooling over the Husky for years and has made me multiple offers to buy it. This time I took him up on it. I would rather it give somebody else as much joy as it gave me rather than continue to sit idle.

With my career, I don't get to ride near as much as I would like too anymore but when i do, yes I grab my new Berg because I really like the new technology. But at least by selling to my nephew I can make sure he takes care of it!

Take my word for it though, it won't be the last Husky I ever owned!

SWEET!

Hey Dan.... I told him part of the deal is that he has to bring the bike into your shop to get the carb dialed in.... the right way! I messed with that carb more than I care to now but it still runs a bit lean to me. It should be headed your direction very soon, I'm just gonna give him some new tires and a fresh oil change first.

those really are great bikes. Miss my 02 TE570 a lot.

You know Ride, I find that no matter what bike it is you always end up missing it down the road. That's how I got myself into this whole Honda CR500 project (because I missed my old 500). Now, before I am even done with that project, I find myself missing my old 1977 Honda CR125M Elsinore..... It never ends! :bonk:

You know Ride, I find that no matter what bike it is you always end up missing it down the road. That's how I got myself into this whole Honda CR500 project (because I missed my old 500). Now, before I am even done with that project, I find myself missing my old 1977 Honda CR125M Elsinore..... It never ends! :bonk:

you got that right. There are a few I was glad to see leave but most it was sad.

LOL isn't that the truth. I actually miss an 87 KX250 the most out of all the bikes I've parted ways from--weird.

A good friend just picked up a 2000 Husky 610TE. Should be a lot of fun :bonk: