Sign in to follow this  

I think I goofed...

So I bought a 150F pretty damn cheap. I realized upon initial inspection that the shock was blown. I thought about sending it to Hleblo. I then thought I'd be a wise ass and buy a CR85 shock. Of course the spring was too weak for my 160lbs. After riding it once, I did a little research on here (I must not be able to read), and I ordered a BBR spring from the TT store. IT WAS HARD AS HELL TO MOUNT! I thought I read that it just needed less preload than the 150F shock. So I mounted it up to find that I have NO sag! With the shock, spring, and a nitrogen charge, I'm about $225 in, and feel like barfing. What to do next?

ScrewedSpring.jpg

Sometimes cheap is expensive...

all you can really do is send your stocker in to get it rebult, and you can use that red spring on it.

sell the other shock you bought to try to recoup some $ dineros.

You are far too light to be using a BBR spring on a stock shock. My buddy weighs 200 pounds and John said the BBR spring would be too much even at his weight. Send the original shock to John and sell what you have. It's the best damage control in my opinion. When John's done you'll have a perfect shock.

Edited by VortecCPI