Sign in to follow this  

AUTO INSURANCE REQUIRED IN BAJA

With the SAN FELIPE 250 coming up...

Most of you already know that the state of BAJA passed a new law that went into effect on Jan 1, 2012.

But for any that haven't heard, its a bad idea to get pulled over (or rolled over) without it.

After reading a report from Cracker1 http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/923122-mexican-ins-scam/ about how his claim went bad...

I did some digging around and bailed INSTANT MEXICAN INSURANCE and went with BAJA-MEX instead.

One of the biggest reasons I went with them was price, but also because the owners sponsor and race bikes in the BAJA.

I ended up going with Instant Mexican Insurance for a year round policy for my truck - right when I gave them the OK, I remembered Cracker1's and BBM's issues :bonk:

anyway, I got good service on the sales side so far and the price was competitive. No complaints so far, but no issues either.

==

throwing out another option that was really competitive: COSTCO via their authorized agent Bonita West. https://www.bonitawe...co/frm_Home.asp

great rates for costco members. And of course BAJA-MEX

as mentioned should be considered for their support of offloading, but I persoanally found their customer service at the Otay agent's office non-existant.

but as ewr2004 stated in the other thread about driving south of the border: "Start feeling lucky, rub your palms together, AND ROLL THE DICE BABY, YOU'VE JUST ENTERED MEXICO!"

Edited by soylent_green
  • Like 1

I have had great experience with Bajabound Mexican Insurance and recommend them to everyone. They are active in Baja year round and support many events, not just racing.

On the racing side of things they have been sponsors of the Tecate Enduro and the Tecate Hare Scrambles. On the SCORE series side of things Geoff from Bajabound Insurance is a key member of the MAG 7 pit crew and actively participates in all of SCORE's Mexico races.

• Like 1

I have had great experience with Bajabound Mexican Insurance and recommend them to everyone. They are active in Baja year round and support many events, not just racing.

On the racing side of things they have been sponsors of the Tecate Enduro and the Tecate Hare Scrambles. On the SCORE series side of things Geoff from Bajabound Insurance is a key member of the MAG 7 pit crew and actively participates in all of SCORE's Mexico races.

:bonk: They're all I've ever used. Muy bueno, chili relleno.

:bonk: They're all I've ever used. Muy bueno, chili relleno.

I used to go to AAA and get it through them, but for the last couple of years I've been using Bajabound and have been very happy with the on-line service. I've been very lucky in that in over 40 years of going to Baja, I've never had to file a claim with any insurance company.
  • Like 1

I used to go to AAA and get it through them, but for the last couple of years I've been using Bajabound and have been very happy with the on-line service. I've been very lucky in that in over 40 years of going to Baja, I've never had to file a claim with any insurance company.

Two years ago I unfortunately had to file a claim. I am really grateful to the help Bajabound Insurance provided from right at the time of the accident through final settlement of the claim. Everything was settled to my satisfaction and my truck was repaired up here (California) and looks great.