valves

I have a 07 250r and plan on doing my valves within the next month. I am curious as to what is necessary to purchase along with the valves. Do i need new springs, seats cut, anything else that involves the valves? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I would suggest stainless valves if you're not a high level racer, you'll never know the difference. They last a lot longer and they're maintenance free. You will need to replace the springs with the reccommended springs that are designed for the stainless valves. The seats may or may not need cut. I've had great luck if the stock valves aren't shot just lapping in the stainless valves.

I had a reputable builder near my house do the head for me. Get new Kibblewhite stainless valves and have the seats cut along with new guides(at least the exhaust side) and new springs to match the valves. If you can have the builder install it all so you just have to put in the cam and drop in the head. I have a 07 head on my 05 and it has +1mm intakes. If you're running stock compression piston they will not hit and they shouldn't really cost more than the stock valves. I can feel a pretty big difference when I ride my buddys 05 that has everything but the oversized valves. I spent a total of 260$ for the head work including parts so it is definitely worth it.

260$ isnt a bad price at alll. I plan on going with stainless steel valves, i dont ride the sh*t out of the limiter so i probably wont notice the difference, just want something thats gona be long lasting. whats a fair price for a valve kit?