Sign in to follow this  

Wisconsin Trails near Green Bay area

Hey guys,

I recently moved back to Wisconsin after a brief stint in Oklahoma. Down there I started riding and got into off-road. Where are good riding trails around Green Bay or the surrounding area? I have a crf250r motocross bike so making it street legal isn't an option and I will be racing WIXC this year.

Thank You,

Ben

Hey Ben,

Green Bay is a good place to live if you're racing the WIXC series...you're surrounded by great tracks run by a good bunch of guys.

As far as trail riding goes, your best bet may be going north to the U.P. and hitting the ORV trails.....Bass Lake and Porterfield Lake are good trails.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

I have online trail guides for both Wisconsin and Michigan that show what and where, maps, videos, etc. Not a ton for a non-street licensed bike in WI. You have the Kewaunee Park to your east (20 miles), the Embarrass River Park to your west (50 miles), about 125 miles to Black River Falls area with both ATV and singletrack. Each area has their own permit/sticker requirements for an unlicensed bike.

Michigan would be about as close/closer. Norway, Forest Islands (50" ATV trails); just a bit further would be Moss Lake (super slow going single track), Bass Lake, Porterfield Lake (single track). Lots of ORV Routes available too.

Michigan requires an "ORV Sticker", currently $16.25 and can pick up online or any place that sells hunting/fishing licenses. Also need spark arrestor(s) for your CRF and technically need to be under 94DB.

Hi Ben, There are some awsome trails in Upper Mich. Im from the Green Bay area and I also race all the WIXC race's. I help set up almost all the race's also. If you would like we you can PM me and ill get you more info and we can also get togeather and ride if you would like.