Sign in to follow this  

Scotts SS Oil Filter

I just ordered a Scotts Stainless Steel Oil Filter for my 2003 yamaha yz450f. There were no pictures on the Scotts website but there were other pictures from different sites.

Did I pay 70 dollers plus 30 dollers shipping for just the filter or does it come with that screw on housing thing also?

I also purchased a magnetic oil drain plug

I live in Canada. Its the spin on magnetic prefilter thing. When I replaced my paper filter I just put it in the hole and put the cover back on.

This is what is shows on the other web site for the 2003-2012 scotts filters.

http://www.bustersdi...?productid=1093

Im just hoping it comes with the thing on the left. Its a magnetic prefilter. Not sure if that applies to my 2003 yz450f

Never Mind I just looked at the Scottsonline closer and it doesnt say (spin on filter) for the yz450. Damn shipping cost is expensive on such a small object. The thing better be bubble wrapped and unmolested in anyway. I just payed 100 dollers for a oil filter.

Gonna have to order the Moose magnetic oil filter cover I guess.

Edited by Christopher McClelland

I live in Canada. Its the spin on magnetic prefilter thing. When I replaced my paper filter I just put it in the hole and put the cover back on.

This is what is shows on the other web site for the 2003-2012 scotts filters.

http://www.bustersdi...?productid=1093

Im just hoping it comes with the thing on the left. Its a magnetic prefilter. Not sure if that applies to my 2003 yz450f

Never Mind I just looked at the Scottsonline closer and it doesnt say (spin on filter) for the yz450. Damn shipping cost is expensive on such a small object. The thing better be bubble wrapped and unmolested in anyway. I just payed 100 dollers for a oil filter.

Gonna have to order the Moose magnetic oil filter cover I guess.

It's still worth it, the cost of paper filters add up quickly.

The stab can ship in a box only slightly larger than what would be needed for the filter. Mine came in a 4"x4"x4" box.