Need some advice about my clutch

Sp I bought a 2006 yz125 in good condition. It has a stiff clutch though and I don't know why exactly. I opened up the clutch housing and the basket is notched but it doesn't drag, it runs and rides great. So the plates are fried, and the wrong springs were in the clutch. Too long. I thought " oh that's gotta be it" but I put them in, and it was still stiff. I lubed my cable, but for some reason it was still kinda rubbing in the cable housing. I'm thinking that when the cable gets pressure from the clutch it could make it rub much more.

I need advice, thinking of sanding the basket fingers and getting a new clutch kit and cable. But if this doesnt fix the stiff clutch I don't know what it is. The push rod and ball are good. It's just when you pull in the clutch, it's very hard. But it rides good, the clutch is not slipping or dragging.

Sp I bought a 2006 yz125 in good condition. It has a stiff clutch though and I don't know why exactly. I opened up the clutch housing and the basket is notched but it doesn't drag, it runs and rides great. So the plates are fried, and the wrong springs were in the clutch. Too long. I thought " oh that's gotta be it" but I put them in, and it was still stiff. I lubed my cable, but for some reason it was still kinda rubbing in the cable housing. I'm thinking that when the cable gets pressure from the clutch it could make it rub much more.

I need advice, thinking of sanding the basket fingers and getting a new clutch kit and cable. But if this doesnt fix the stiff clutch I don't know what it is. The push rod and ball are good. It's just when you pull in the clutch, it's very hard. But it rides good, the clutch is not slipping or dragging.

if your cable is rubbing at all inside then replace it. mine did the same thing. new cable with new basket and all new clutch with stiffer springs and the clutch pull was butter. so smooth and easy. even a little drag in the cable will make things much harder.