Sign in to follow this  

Will a 1999 YZ 125 exhaust fit a 2000 YZ 125

I have a 2000 YZ 125 and can buy a new BILLS pipe from a 1999 YZ 125 at vwry good price, will it fit.

Do a quick look through some aftermarket websites, like FMF, ProCircuit, or even Bill's.

They will list that years their pipes fit. Maybe that will give you an answer.

Good luck!

I have had a look on eBay, can't see listings that indicate the 1999 will fit the 2000, there are listing that say 2000 to 2004, so my guess the 1999 will not fit but will do a little more research.

i believe the 99 00 01 all have the same angle flange on the pipe, but the 99 has mounts in different spots, the rear mount is on the frame, not the sub frame like the newer ones

...but the 99 has mounts in different spots, the rear mount is on the frame, not the sub frame like the newer ones.
Wow, great catch!

I checked the parts lists, and j16out is very close.

The '99 125 has the rear mount on the sub frame, and the 2000 has it on the main frame.

http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

The '99 pipe may still fit your 2000, you will just need to rig a different rear bracket.

Wow, great catch!

I checked the parts lists, and j16out is very close.

The '99 125 has the rear mount on the sub frame, and the 2000 has it on the main frame.

http://www.cyclepart...tion_detail.asp

The '99 pipe may still fit your 2000, you will just need to rig a different rear bracket.

woops my bad, their both on the main frame, the 99 is quite a bit higher though, closer to the seat, where as the newer ones are closer to center of the pipe

Edited by j16out
  • Like 1