Sign in to follow this  

California Anyone up for a ride Tue the 28th El Mirage?

I'm heading out there after "my friday" night shift. Catch some zzz,s and ride starting around 9am. I have a new GPS I want to play with and burn some fuel.

I plan on running the fenceline, drylake loop, sand washes, ant hill, west/east loop and some steep sandhill climbs.

Well I'm bumping this thread. Any takers? I'm going rain or shine. I really don't care to ride alone. But what the hell. There's good cell reception….

What a BLAST!! I got up and about around 10am and started riding 11:30. Peeled of at least 35 miles or so on mellow trails and full throttle runs on the dry lake and many sand washes. 85 miles total in 5 hours.

It was a bit scary, as there was not one other biker in the whole park. The only people out there were one small filming crew and ultralight group. Both setup on the lake bed.

It's a trip riding solo offroad. Many years ago I did it all the time. Now at 51 years old, not so much. I'm going to invest in a spot.

Next week Rowher flats!!

Edited by ballisticexchris

Seems like el mirage did you well! :bonk: Riding during the week is nice since there are no crowds, but I don't I could go alone. Get a weekday riding thread going! I love riding during the week, but usually the back half of the week.

The first time I went to El Mirage, I hated it, swore I would never go back. It was crowded and crazy. a year later, i was invited back for an over nighter. had a blast. not too crowded. been back twice since then. Most crowds stay on or near the lakebed.