Sign in to follow this  

Front caliper on the rear

So i thought id just throw this up here since im so happy with the way it came out, i welded the slide adapter thats on the front caliper onto the rear calipers adapter.

166929_10150626154819165_758199164_8849655_1403075076_n.jpg

Hoping this will make it easy to slide even though its a two stroke :bonk:

You will lock the wheel by just touching the brake pedal, and the whole art of proper sliding is NOT to lock the rear wheel.

Braking force may be very difficult to control - bad idea mate I am afraid.

Looks cool though :bonk:

Edited by Swaveck

But i think it will be good just touching the pedal to get the rear wheel loose, since i cant engine brake it when its a twostroke.

We will see :bonk:

Really nice job Woody, but I have to agree with Swaveck, I have a 2-piston baby-ninja 250R rear caliper on my DR350 supermoto, and it makes for a very powerful brake for sure.

My stock brakes were always anemic, and when I first did the SM conversion I had a 140/80 rear junk tire on it and I might as well stand on the brake pedal and watch the rotor turn colors, I'd stop faster dragging my feet. After I added that caliper, a careless foot could lock the tire instantly at highway speeds...

Not one to leave the bike unbalanced, I have a 320mm GSXR 1000 rotor on the front, and a 320mm homemade franken-rotor on the dualsport wheel. I used a front rotor off a Buell Blast, and turned the stock rotor down and used it as a hub for the Buell rotor to mount onto. It works great, though.

That rear brake is a real handful offroad. All it takes is a touch to lock the wheel... so just be cautious until you get the feel for it... :bonk:

But i think it will be good just touching the pedal to get the rear wheel loose, since i cant engine brake it when its a twostroke.

We will see :bonk:

Let us know how this works out, I would like to do something like this