Sign in to follow this  

Need 96 to 2000 RM frame measurement for FrankenZuk project

Would like to know approximate location of where item# 1, the boomerang shaped part of the cushion rod connects to the frame:

2001_35.gif

I'm mounting it to my SP250, so the measurements should be relative to the pivot point of the swingarm and in terms understood by the simple minded :bonk: Like 2" down and 3" back (center to center) or something :lol: Metric or inch, no matter.

Also, I think this might not apply to early 96 or perhaps not apply to different regions. I see some claimed-to-be 96's have the older setup. What I'm looking for should have no suspension linkage mounted to top of swingarm.

I'm guessing shock angle is 25 degrees off perpendicular, but if I'm off, could you tell me about what that is?

Nothing needs to be precise, just looking and guessing will get me closer than I can get from pics and manuals. If you rough measure with a tape measure or scale from beside the bike without any disassembly, that will be as close as it needs to be.

Please, and thank you too!

I think this better fits the suzi 2 strike forum, so I'm cross posting oit theree, please delete if there are still no replies here... Sorry, I'm a dummy.

Made of bone? haha Yup, I was thinking vintage when I posted, b/c I consider the sp vintage, just didn't really think about it. You know, shoot first, ask questions later. Doesn't really matter as long as someone has the bike in question. It can be answered by a vintage owner that happens to have a 96 RM layin around :bonk: To most of you, the 85 SP might be modern... no points, front disk :lol:

Edited by knudsen