Sign in to follow this  

2008 crf450r stiff cltuch

i have a 2008 crf450r and i have a stiff clutch and i put a new cable on it and i sprayed brake clenaer and wd40 down it and it is still stiff but i also got a rekluse in it but i got it set up were u have to use the clutch to stop and take off but dont have to to shif

I'm pretty sure your clutch is stiff because you have your Rekluse set up that way. The way you have your rekluse set up is absolutely no different from a stock clutch. You can clutchless shift the same way with a standard clutch - because that's exactly how your Rekluse is behaving right now. You basically have a very expensive bit of metal that's doing absolutely nothing except making your lever harder to pull.

Set your Rekluse back to auto-engagement mode. The clutch lever force will go down, and it will just be an over-ride.

Edited by Lead Head

you need to look carefully at your cable routing. Also check that the bracket at the engine is not bent in a way to keep the cable from going straight in and out. Move your clutch perch further IN, this gives you more leverage.. if you have a stock perch/lever, you can then use the screw on the lever to adjust it inward so you don't have to reach as far.. Check that the lever moves free too. I don't lube a new cable typically, but i will say i only use HONDA oem cables. The motion pro cables simply do not feel as smooth. Other than that, somethin else is wrong. don't spray brakeclean down a new cable..

You SURELY have something set up wrong if your recluse won't allow you to come to a stop without the bike dying unless you pull the clutch in.. that kind of is the main purpose of the thing. :bonk:

Edited by MELK-MAN

i jus have tht way for track but wen i do woods racing i set up the rekluse were it doesnt stall and would clutch springs have anything to do with it

i jus have tht way for track but wen i do woods racing i set up the rekluse were it doesnt stall and would clutch springs have anything to do with it

i'm not 100% on what the heck you just said.. but if your asking if a recluse would have the clutch pull harder, the answer is yes. THe springs you have to run that come with the exp2.0 and core are slightly stiffer than stock. You also can move your move your lever in closer via the adjuster screw, AND move the perch INWARD toward the clamps for more leverage like i mentioned above..

Edited by MELK-MAN

Wouldn't it make more sense to just set up the Rekluse to work the way it was suppose to? The way you've got it setup now totally defeats the almost $700-800 purpose.

Putting a hydraulic clutch on it wont lessen the pull. Just make it more consistent. Plus the hydraulic clutch will be messing up the adjustment on the Rekluse all the time since it self adjusts and you need that free play in the lever so the clutch will engage and disengage properly.

o ok man i prolly jus take it out and put a hydrlic cltuch in it

good grief! your throwing in the towel just like that? lol.. have you tired any of the other suggestions? it aint EVER gonna pull like a 125cc two stroke.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just set up the Rekluse to work the way it was suppose to? The way you've got it setup now totally defeats the almost $700-800 purpose.

Putting a hydraulic clutch on it wont lessen the pull. Just make it more consistent. Plus the hydraulic clutch will be messing up the adjustment on the Rekluse all the time since it self adjusts and you need that free play in the lever so the clutch will engage and disengage properly.

and pretty sure you would need a different recluse clutch set up FOR hydro clutch.

Edited by MELK-MAN