Sign in to follow this  

1976 tl125s

hey guys, finallly have the chance to snatch up a trials bike, lookin at a honda tl125s for 300$, few questions, was this bike street legal? (I want to be able to mess around goin to the grocery store and stuff, not really drivin far) is this a good beginners trials bike? is the price fair? thanks to those who can help me out

Check up on your local laws. Around here in Idaho we can get restricted use plates for non-highway use. I have one for my Montesa and it has no lights or mirrors.

It would probably also depend on if you're going one or two blocks to the market, or if you're riding 15 minutes through town.

First off, the TL125s was street legal. The non street legal bike was just TL125. Secondly, using it for trials, it's a great bike with two things to fault. 1) the 125 engine is a bit weak, especially if you're a full grown person. 2) the head angle is a little bit raked which doesn't allow really tight turns.

I've been running a TL125 in vintage trials for years and currently have mine up for sale on ebay. I've put a 150 kit in mine which gave it plenty of power and I've re-angled the steering head so it turns correctly. They are great bikes for vintage trials events and I've had a LOT of fun over the years.

Edited by Todd157k

If it runs and rides decent that is a heck of a deal. I bought a 75 TL junker a couple years ago and got it in good shape now. Grinding the fork stops will make it turn. Mine will turn as tight as my Beta. It's a great starter bike or keeper and at that price you can always get your money back.

that sounds pretty good to me! i know this post is kinda old but i hope you got it! there are always little things to do to bikes and good thing for this web site cause alot of trials guys have helped me with things with my 74 ty 250.

if you got it id love to see it! and i see your a Washington guy. . . maybe we could go ride if were close, i wanna take my trials bike out more but no one to go with, and if i take it with friends on big bikes im to slow lol.

let us know if you got it! im sure if you got youll have a blast on it! i love my ty!