Sign in to follow this  

Internal Gears

Kinda busy at work and this will most likely be my only break, I possibly bent the shift shaft on my bike when the chain broke, im going to have to tear it apart soon and if the gears are damaged I'm debating changing over to either a WR set up or something else. I was wondering if the YZ426 gears will work and how their ratios compare to the WR. I could of sworn I've read about people doing it but I'm not finding it.

I dont believe you need to split case to swap shift shaft, and they are only $15 or so. If it is bent bad I would cut off the bent end before i pull it through case. Maybe someone else can chime in also.

You can pull the right clutch case half and leave the engine in the bike to pull the shift shaft. The yz426f gears are exactly the same as the stock gearing out of your yz250.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info, you can definitely see my shifter is not sitting properly. Main reason I'm going to tear into it it was I noticed it was leaking pretty bad and want to make sure none of the internal gears got damaged.