Sign in to follow this  

Clutch issues :-/.. I think... Any Help appreciated

Right ok will try and explain my best

Noticed for while when engaging the clutch it kind of jumps not as smooth as normal kind of like a jerky

And after ride today when I put bike in neutral the bike wants to move forward like its in gear... And when I put on my mx stand and try turn rear wheel in neutral it has to be forced to turn the wheel.. Normaly it just spins with no issue..

So it feel like its engaged like in gear but not as bad when in neutral..

If I start bike in neutral and stand next to bike it just starts moving forward...

Anyone have any ideas what the issue is ? Clutch plates or gears :-/

Thanks

Karl

Thanks to member on anouther fourm think I have this issue :-/

If left to long like this, it knackers you're 2nd gear bush. To test the bushing has gone, lift the rear wheel (paddock stand etc) and spin it in neutral, if it feels lumpy and tight then your 2nd gear bushing has gone. Obviously there will be some resistance but it will be obvious if it has gone.

One better, take a few moments to remove the chain from the counter shaft sprocket, turn the counter shaft by hand... it if it drags or catches as you turn, yes, second gear bushing is galled and dragging on the Counter shaft....

One better, take a few moments to remove the chain from the counter shaft sprocket, turn the counter shaft by hand... it if it drags or catches as you turn, yes, second gear bushing is galled and dragging on the Counter shaft....

Looks like this is going to be expensive :-(

I take it from reading the engine is going to needed to be split..

So new gaskets, pisten rings, and gears which hopefully will get second hand

Mainly the amount time it will take... Worth getting a stroke kit while I am in there ?

Cheers

Karl

Looks like this is going to be expensive :-(

I take it from reading the engine is going to needed to be split..

So new gaskets, piston rings, and gears which hopefully will get second hand

Mainly the amount time it will take... Worth getting a stroke kit while I am in there ?

Cheers

Karl

yes cases split.

so top end gaskets, counter shaft, second gear, second gear bushing, tube of case sealant are the typical parts and supplies needed.

Of course as long as you’re in the case, a good look at the rest of the transmission, all bearings, and sure a new crank and main bearings are a great idea if you can swing the $$$.. Even of you just re ring the stock bore for now,, new stroker crank will liven it up a bit, and you can plop on a new top end later..