Sign in to follow this  

2003 KLX 125

Bought a bike for my wife last night. Our first four stroke. The guy i bought it from said the bike hadn't been started in about four months and he didnt know how long before that. He seemed to be honest because we had to un-bury it, the thing had only tiny bit of gas, the pipes were cold and the thing was pretty dusyt with no handprints on it. It started up after a couple kicks and idled a little rough at first. After a minute or two it was solid.

We let it warm up for five minutes and i throttled it a few times. When i did a quick throttle, the motor would bogg. It wouldnt die, but just bogg then rev ok. If i got on the throttle slowly it would rev normally and not bog, but when i hit it quick it would bogg. Again it wouldnt die. I rode it up and down the street and again a slow roll on the throttle is fine, but when you snap the throttle the thing boggs ( a wooooog not a wiiiiiinnnggg). He told me it might be the gas was old or it might be the jetting.

Against my better judgement i bought the thing. I thought it might just be a simple problem and the thing looks brand new (one or two scratches, and 90% original tires), so i let my mind get the best of me (Damn my foolish mind!). I talked him down from $1,200 to $800. So the bike runs sorta new, but i have a bogging problem when i hit it hard. one other thing is when i am decellerating the exhaust snaps crackles and pops. Not too loud like a full on back fire, but still...............

Any body out there can steer me in the right direction?

Hey. Bud pull the carb and go to the parts store get a gallon of carb /parts cleaner take the carb apart remember to take all rubber and plastics out of the carb let it sit 12 hours or so and re assemble o ps make sure u count the mixture screw count the turns it takes to seat the screw than on reassembly just screw it all the way in and count ur turns out

Hey. Bud pull the carb and go to the parts store get a gallon of carb /parts cleaner take the carb apart remember to take all rubber and plastics out of the carb let it sit 12 hours or so and re assemble o ps make sure u count the mixture screw count the turns it takes to seat the screw than on reassembly just screw it all the way in and count ur turns out

That is the only thing worng with it. The guy gave you a great deal. Clean out he carb and you are good to go.